Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

Link

I don’t normally get too up in arms about people’s race reports, but if you thought there was a small chance you were going to have to DNF, why in God’s name would you take pictures on the course or stop to tweet? And then, when you got swept, why would you take the finisher’s medal and wear it around as if you had finished? No.

to legitimize her limp she said. Sheesh.

I wonder why Disney gave them medals. Maybe Disney should give different medals for the bus riders. Maybe Aladin riding a magic Carpet or something. They can call it a rider's medal or some crap. I personally wouldnt have taken it.

What happens if you refuse to get on the bus ???? Do they taze you and throw you in a truck or something?

edited for this info.

BTW- I checked her log and she covered 10 miles or more 4 times in training. Longest run was 13.5. I am pretty sure she knew she wouldnt finish, and she has started the couch to 5K program again?????

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Trail Monster

Wow. Just absolutely sickened by this!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Just B.S.

Meh, I don't really care what other people do before/during/after their race as long as it doesn't

affect mine and they aren't blatantly cheating.

She got swept with 4 miles still left to go so it's not like a few tweets or photos were was going

to make a big difference anyway.

Seems like it's Disney policy to give out the medal anyway. I wouldn't take it but others obviously would.

Some people start a marathon and DNF by way of stopping at the half mat or turning back and

doing a 1/2 and they still get medals at some races. Not much different IMO.

I'm sure "Kevin" will be thrilled with his finish time and photos on the blog, what with him

being so cute and all.Big grin

Tar Heel Mom

kween

She was obviously undertrained and too inexperienced to have even attempted this. I mean, she thought people doing warm up runs were "crazy"?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Sloooow.

I just don't know how to feel about that RR. A marathon is definitely not in my future, but with those minute miles...

Seems like a really, really long fun run for her. Good job on getting to 20 miles though.

She was obviously undertrained and too inexperienced to have even attempted this. I mean, she thought people doing warm up runs were "crazy"?

When I ran my first and so far only full, I was terrified that warming up would cause me not to finish. It doesn’t help that Disney already has a 30 minute walk to the corrals.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I also wouldn't have taken the medal. I read back over her blog and what's blatantly clear is how woefully underprepared she was and really had no business running a marathon based on her training and injury history.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Link

I don’t normally get too up in arms about people’s race reports, but if you thought there was a small chance you were going to have to DNF, why in God’s name would you take pictures on the course or stop to tweet? And then, when you got swept, why would you take the finisher’s medal and wear it around as if you had finished? No.

Aaaaaaaagreed. 16:40 miles is fast walking.

- Andrew

i am a slacker, I dont warm up. I think that those that do are ready to do really good things.

generally I think that all runners are a little crazy- seriously who the heck runs 5, 10, 20, 26, 31, 50, or 100 miles for fun????

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

LRB

There is no way in hell I am reading all of that.

Docket_Rocket

Ahem!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am a slacker, I dont warm up. I think that those that do are ready to do really good things.

generally I think that all runners are a little crazy- seriously who the heck runs 5, 10, 20, 26, 31, 50, or 100 miles for fun????

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I am still super proud of her.

thyap

"Seriously will you look at how cute he is? No one should look this happy while running a marathon, it’s not fair to the rest of the participants."

Doesn't look like he's running to me.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I would not have taken the medal.

But the rr does not bother me.

If it makes her happy who cares.

At least she is doing some exercise

If even walking 20 miles is good.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes