Beginners and Beyond

Respect the distance (Read 323 times)

Mostly harmless

Remember way back when this used to be a thread about a girl that blogged about a marathon she didn't finish but took the medal anyway?

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Village people

Remember way back when this used to be a thread about a girl that blogged about a marathon she didn't finish but took the medal anyway?

I don't know who to thank, her or room317 for this lovely thread.

catwhoorg

Labrat

My head hurts.  How does everyone feel about stale peeps?  Best way to eat them, IMO.  Gross?  Probably.

Great for jousting

http://www.phancy.com/peeps/joust/index.html

Two Peeps enter, one Peep leaves.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

No more marathons

My head hurts.  How does everyone feel about stale peeps?  Best way to eat them, IMO.  Gross?  Probably.

Is that "by the gross"? I donno - might be too much before a long run.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Impersonating Love the Half. Would that be a capital offense?

Bwaaahaaa.  Nice one George - very subtle

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Jess runs for bacon

I love peeps, especially stale ones, and I was really really sad I didn't get to run PeepsFest this year (I had to work, and I ended up getting the flu that day anyway. Peeps are awesomest stale. I did work at one of their warehouses (before it was filled with peeps) and the walls were painted with peep colors.

Mostly harmless

Peep lovers will enjoy this link to the annual "Peeps Show" contest in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/peeps

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

@runjerseygirl

I love peeps, especially stale ones, and I was really really sad I didn't get to run PeepsFest this year (I had to work, and I ended up getting the flu that day anyway. Peeps are awesomest stale. I did work at one of their warehouses (before it was filled with peeps) and the walls were painted with peep colors.

Rip open the package and let them sit for a few days.  It's the only way to eat them. Smile

Do you even run?

paulski66

miscreant

I don't know who to throatpunch, her or room317 for this lovely thread.

Me either. Can we throatpunch both of them?

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

My MIL likes them that way.  She'll actually rip open the plastic and put them on top the refrigerator so they'll get hard and she'll eat them that way.

Wait, that doesn't sound right, does it?

MTA:  I see that the rip open part was already addressed.

Jess runs for bacon

Rip open the package and let them sit for a few days.  It's the only way to eat them. Smile

That's exactly what I do. Did you know they have chocolate covered peeps now?

@runjerseygirl

Daisy, that's what I do, LOL!  And I think it sounded just right. Wink

That's exactly what I do. Did you know they have chocolate covered peeps now?

I had one last year.  They don't get stale as easily.  Downside of being encased in chocolate, I guess.  But yummy nonetheless. Big grin

Do you even run?

RSX

I like them best then. I buy a bunch after the holiday at half price. Years ago I worked in a hospital and 1 unit gave me a bunch to dispose of. A lot of them ended up in my car but I was thin then.

@runjerseygirl

I like them best then. I buy a bunch after the holiday at half price. Years ago I worked in a hospital and 1 unit gave me a bunch to dispose of. A lot of them ended up in my car but I was thin then.

I do the same.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one who likes them stale.  Smile

Do you even run?

Love the Half

Impersonating Love the Half. Would that be a capital offense?

i think so.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).