Beginners and Beyond

Got a Mop, MONDAILIES? (Read 45 times)

It's 4:15 a.m.. The dewpoint and temperature match. 70F.

I'm going to the gym to use the TM.

Mmmmm...beer

Great title Basya!  Dewpoint here at 5am was 73*!  Hope you have a great TM run!

My first workout of the Pfitz 18/70 plan, 9 w/ 4 @ Half Marathon Pace. HMP based off of my last 5k is around 6:54, I figured I'd shoot for 6:50. 3 mile warmup, told myself to get ready for HMP, hit the go fast switch and got 6:35/6:34/6:31/6:31, then a 2 mile cooldown. That might have been a bit fast for HMP, but it felt good, I guess we'll find out come October.  Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

'Morning!  Boy, a two day weekend doesn't leave me feeling beat to hell on Monday morning like a four day weekend does.  I had a nice weekend (I count Friday night in there).  30 miles of running and 56 miles of biking.  Solid work.

I have gone over a month without using the treadmill but that streak may end today.  Severe thunderstorms are in the forecast for this afternoon.  I'd brave the rain, but I draw the line at damaging wind and lightning.  But we'll see.  I've got 8 miles planned...maybe a little more.  I'm getting a bulk of miles in early this week so I can taper for a few days leading into my duathlon Sunday.

Alrighty then.

<3

LRB

My first workout of the Pfitz 18/70 plan, 9 w/ 4 @ Half Marathon Pace. HMP based off of my last 5k is around 6:54, I figured I'd shoot for 6:50. 3 mile warmup, told myself to get ready for HMP, hit the go fast switch and got 6:35/6:34/6:31/6:31, then a 2 mile cooldown.

Your half marathon pace is 6:38 (1:27:04) on Daniels charts using your 5k PR, which is a VDOT of 53 (the tempo pace for that is 6:32).

Nice run!  running 4 miles steady state at Daniels tempo pace is fuckin impressive!  I don't think I have ever done it and I actually follow Daniels!

Good morning Basya, enjoy the mopping..and the run!

The treadmill is like a pet dog Boon, it's always happy to see you!

I am drinking coffee, who wants some?

happylily

Morning!

10 miles easy after work tonight. I'll have my first interval session (12x400) of the plan this coming Thursday and I can't wait. All this running at easy effort for the last 3 weeks has become quite tedious. But I'm sure glad it happened during the heat wave we're having here. Today looks like it will be a beautiful sunny day. Cooler at the moment, 73F, but going up to 84F when it's time for my run. We had the rain yesterday.

Have a great day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mmmmm...beer

Your half marathon pace is 6:38 (1:27:04) on Daniels charts using your 5k PR, which is a VDOT of 53 (the tempo pace for that is 6:32).

Nice run!  running 4 miles steady state at Daniels tempo pace is fuckin impressive!  I don't think I have ever done it and I actually follow Daniels!

Thanks!  That's good to know, I haven't read any of Daniels stuff yet, probably should.  It was definitely a tough effort, but I felt like I had more, now I'm interested to see how my 5k goes in two weeks.  It's in the evening tho, so the weather is going to suck (altho, it's not like a dewpoint of 73* this morning was good weather lol).

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Dave, nice nine.

Phil, awesome busy active weekend. Enjoy your eight tonight.

Rick, I wouldn't have been posting at 4:15 without caffeine.

Lily, have a pleasant ten-miler.

I did 6.0 miles in 1:01:36. 10:16 pace. Weights, push-ups, and ab work after work.

LRB

That's good to know, I haven't read any of Daniels stuff yet, probably should.

I would not bother with any of it at this point, delve deeper into Pfitz's ideals and methodology instead.  Stick to his plan.  Believe in him, become one with him.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two races for me done over the weekend:

Saturday:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/69926f302b744c76bfc411d25b0cfafb#focus

Sunday:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/a6351f37876f4975953fffb53be45004#focus

Rest day today.  May do a weight training circuit after work.  See how I feel.

The REAL summer is finally here...we are in the high 90s all this week.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Life is getting in the way of my running. With DH out of town, a stressful week ahead with lots of running around with DS, I decided that getting up at 3:50 with only 4 hours of sleep was not a good idea. While the stress reliever of running sounds good, I know that I do not deal well with DS when I'm overly tired. URD. I'll try to add a few miles to my other runs this week to make up some of it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I'll continue with the I don't want to run week or better called taper week # 2 with some strength training and a short run or bike workout.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

Good morning! 8 miles this afternoon. For now, there is coffee to be brewed.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! DW hasn't gone in to labor and no word on a job offer. We shall see if either of those progress today.

Track Day. It was cool out - 51 degrees, with a solid 15mph wind. I actually saw a lady in tights with a jacket and hat. Of course I was wearing the shortest shorts I have and a sleeveless t-shirt. I warmed up with a mile, then did 16 sets of 200s, with 200 meters of recovery. Cooled down with a mile. All told it was 6.4 miles in 54 minutes. Take a look at my log for more info.

- Andrew

Track Day. It was cool out - 51 degrees, with a solid 15mph wind. I actually saw a lady in tights with a jacket and hat. Of course I was wearing the shortest shorts I have and a sleeveless t-shirt. I warmed up with a mile, then did 16 sets of 200s, with 200 meters of recovery. Cooled down with a mile. All told it was 6.4 miles in 54 minutes. Take a look at my log for more info.

I am just reading that you were wearing your shortest shorts and you want us to take a look at your log.

Dave

LRB

Take a look at my log for more info.

How are you recording your splits?  The log doesn't really show them as intervals and recoveries.