Beginners and Beyond

Arizona Marathon with Pictures (Read 140 times)

tracilynn

Congrats to you.  A 4:23 is not struggling to me!  Haha. Great job

~~~~~~~

Traci

aplodder

Susan

Cherie, you ran a fantastic race, and the pic's are gorgeous.  They make me want to visit AZ again.  Congratulations on your PR!

LRB

Nice report!  I so love the landscape out west.  You realize just how small we are.  Someday, I will have a a vacation home out there.

Congrats on the race, and a 12 minute PR is something special!

Yeah, and that wall as the finish does look bizarre!

SheCan

Thank you, Phil and Tracilynn, LRB for such nice words!  Big grin  And LRB, just don't come to Phx area in the summer time!

Susan, I just know you'll make it to Arizona one day, and maybe we can even race together then!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

LRB

Thank you, Phil and Tracilynn, LRB for such nice words!  Big grin  And LRB, just don't come to Phx area in the summer time!

Isn't there A/C, or is it the scorpions you speak of?

Strange but true; I have always wanted to eat beans out of a can over a fire in the night time desert like they did in the old Western yarns.  Can that be arranged?

Mmmmm...beer

Congrats on the PR!  Awesome scenery out there!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Philliefan33

Congrats, Cherie. The photos are beautiful!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ohmigod this is gorgeous!!!! How beautiful!!! For someone who has done 85% of my running in NYC and has never been to AZ or any southwestern state I'm drooling over the scenery!!

Congratulations on pushing through when it got tough and a HUGE congrats on the PR!!! Awesome job and beautiful pics!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

Thank you LTH, and that weird wall out there is around mile 21 to symbolize breaking "though the wall."

PinegroveDave, thank you for taking the time to read and giving me such awesomeness feedback!

Ahhhhh.  Well, that's pretty cool then.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Those are probably the coolest marathon pictures of all time.

runmomto3boys

Congratulations on the big ole PR!!!!  Wow, what scenery during that race: those pics are absolutely incredible!!! How cute and strong are you, by the way?  You look fantastic in the shots!!!  I love how you credit those bystanders and their cheering with giving you the extra oomph you needed to make it to the end.  A 12 minute PR in the course of 1 year on the same course?  That is a huge improvement! Thanks for the report and congratulations again!

wallmurr

Cherie,

Great RR and you look like you're having the time of your life in the pics. A PR to boot! Awesome young lady!

SheCan

Isn't there A/C, or is it the scorpions you speak of?

Strange but true; I have always wanted to eat beans out of a can over a fire in the night time desert like they did in the old Western yarns.  Can that be arranged?

LOL, yup, I suppose we do have A/C, but boy that heat can ruin outdoor fun.  I LOVE your ideal scenario of  Western life--- nice!  Another thing special about this race that I didn't mention is the campfires at the start.  I didn't bring beans, but that sure would have improved it:  Here's the website's pic:  It was very cozy.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

Congrats!  Love the pictures, that scenery is beautiful.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

Coastal

Love the pics.  The wall is a cool feature.  Sounds like a fun event.  Oh, yeah, and congrats on crushing the course for a huge new PR!