Beginners and Beyond

Do we really need multiple Dailies threads? (Read 351 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Do we need to continue to separate this group into penguins and regular dailies? Why can't we more fully integrate now? Smile

Just a thought...

I don’t do dailies, but I think the general purpose is that “penguins” have a different vibe than the general community, the same way the marathon forum has a 2:40 dailies, 2:50 dailies, etc.

delicate flower

I have never posted in a penguins thread.  My limited capacity brain could not figure out the difference between the penguins and the dailies.  So I picked one (dailies) and stuck with it. 

<3

runfoolery

Hahahaa.....

Jess runs for bacon

I never got the point of two to begin with. I probably should have been in the penguins too, since I'm slow, but I like being around all sorts of people.

sugnim

I always did the daily thread in the food & nutrition section, which had a super different format.  Blush

Nevrgivup

I agree with Flippy. Why have two?

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I think it might be interesting to integrate into one thread. I started posting in the penguins because I was so new to running and I really didn't know anything about it . Iit was a bit intimidating to be posting right next to you guys who have been doing it for so long and log so many fast miles. I love how I've gotten to know a group of people quite well and I have loved following their progress as much as I have found help sharing mine But that can be accomplished on any daily thread. I guess I'm happy either way! My iPhone is really fighting me today, sorry if this is incomprehensible.
                  xor

Two?

I guess it depends on whether you really mean the ones with "Dailies" in the title or all the special purpose threads that are pretty much just like dailies but not called dailies.  There's more like 1000.

I mean that nicely.

Love the Half

Two?

I guess it depends on whether you really mean the ones with "Dailies" in the title or all the special purpose threads that are pretty much just like dailies but not called dailies.  There's more like 1000.

I mean that nicely.

Reported.  Oh, wait a minute........

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

xor

That's actually funny on a level past the intended level.

LRB

No one will say this, but there are runners who feel intimidated posting their times in the regular dailies forum, which is seen as the forum for fast people despite the fact that is not.

By nature, its title is inviting and attracts the "slower" runner (slow being a relative word) many of whom migrate to the regular dailies once they feel comfortable.

There are those who were annoyed with multiple threads on the old BF page and that will not change here.  Having said that, no real foul is being committed by having multiple threads.

Let them be.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Just one thread would save me a copy & paste for the day. 

Running for TJ because he can't.

xor

FWIW, I agree with LRB.  The nice thing about your own meeting room is that you can do what you please... I only asked about 2 because it seems like there are a ton more than 2... but have at it.

You do have the opportunity to make some of the restarted chat threads have a bit better titles.  For any of them that you actually WANT new blood in, I highly highly recommend that.  I never cared much that BF had a bunch of dailies/chat threads.  But they were completely impenetrable by new folks because the names of some of them made no damn sense.

One thing that I am hearing from lurking RAers... yall seem to post the exact same thing in multiple threads.  If you are posting the exact same thing in 2+ "dailies" threads, that is something to consider... for the casual reader, that gets confusing (or annoying on the main board, aka gsp).

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

SRL, I guess I should have been more specific, huh? But yeah. I was talking about the Penguins and the Dailies threads only. If you'll notice, there are no Mammals or IMTPT threads....

LRB, until very recently, I was one of those people who was hesitant to post paces in the Dailies thread. I wasn't intending this as saying that there is necessarily anything wrong with having two threads. Just wondering if it might be a good time to change the format a little bit.