Beginners and Beyond

Dude!!.....My joints are killin me!! Is it the old wive's tale about cold weather??? (Read 87 times)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Ok, just gotta shout out.  After my hip fiasco last week after my LR, I must've really done a number on my left knee last night.  Had what I thought was a GREAT run.  6 miles in 50 minutes flat!!!  And that was a training run!!  Cool!!

Drank, stretched, sat down to kick my shoes off & my left lower leg froze up!  Aaaaah!!  Friggin' runner's knee (which I don't have, especially in my left knee) stopped me cold!!  I slowly straightened my leg out, put my feet on the floor, stood up slowly & started walking & rubbing.  Grabbed the foam roller & rubbed the shizz outta my left knee & shin.

WTF!!!

This morning it's still talkin to me a little unless I walk around quite a bit & warm it up.  Angry

Only thing that's different is rain moved in last night & the older I get, the more I'm believing the wive's tale.

Randy

#artbydmcbride

You have old wive's joints??

Runners run

SheCan

No he said he had a tail.

And redrum, my DH had his legs/ knees and ankles all broken in a car wreck years ago, and he has a terrible time with cold and damp weather.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

TJoseph

It is 35 and foggy up in the mountains.  It is supposed to snow later today.  I should definately get another cup of coffee.

Love the Half

It is 35 and foggy up in the mountains.  It is supposed to snow later today.  I should definately get another cup of coffee.

The word "definitely" does not contain the letter "a." You're (not your) welcome.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

The word "definitely" does not contain the letter "a."

It does when you include a disclaimer that you need more coffee, ha.

happylily

The word "definitely" does not contain the letter "a." You're (not your) welcome.

I've seen quite a few people write "defiantly" instead of definitely. So, I'd say that definately is definitely better.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

TJoseph

If you are (kind of like you're) hoping my spelling will improve in the future, you are probably going to be dissapointed.

Docket_Rocket

If you are (kind of like you're) hoping my spelling will improve in the future, you are probably going to be dissapointed.

You cannot blame him for trying!

Randy, was that a faster than usual run?  If not, then man, you're getting old.  Hope it's nothing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

You cannot blame him for trying!

Randy, was that a faster than usual run?  If not, then man, you're getting old.  Hope it's nothing.

Maybe a little faster than usual but only about 10 seconds/mile or so.  It just seems like all of a sudden.  About a month ago I was all worried about hip flexors and wondering if PF would stay away (and it has) and now, the hip flexors & PF are not a concern for me at all, it's all knees & hips!!!

Aaaaargggh!!!

Lifting weights tonight & gonna really get some full range of motion in there.  Might have to alternate asphalt w/ treadmill for a while. Disapprove

Randy

RSX

My goal is to spell slightly better than a French speaking person.

#artbydmcbride

My goal is to smell slightly better than a French speaking person.

good goal!  Shy

Runners run

No more marathons

Check this out - about half way down the page:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

TJoseph

It is 21 degrees this morning and we got a few inches of snow.  I am defin(i)tely having two cups of coffee.  How is your knee redrum?  It must be in the low 40's down the hill.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

It says 49 right now.  Sounds about right.  (Brrrrrrrr......well, for So Cal, anyway)

Weights went ok last night.  It only really hurts on "lateral" movements.  Squats, extensions and leg curls all went well, with maybe a little pain on the last set of leg extensions.

First 5 minutes this morning were good, then when I went to get off the couch I felt the "twinge" again. (ouch).  Hoping to be able to get in even just a trot tonight.  Oh, I also iced it a couple times yesterday & gonna choke down some ibuprofen today too.

Randy