Beginners and Beyond

Up and at 'em Sundailies! (Read 40 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here. (The person who started this thread ROCKS!)

Hip Redux

Heading out in an hour to go volunteer at a local marathon - and it's pouring rain (or as my WV husband says "it's pouring the rain down").

Gonna be a wet day.  Big grin

Have fun everyone!

LRB

Wassup O Skizzy, I need to find some coffee up in this piece...

Hip Redux

Wassup O Skizzy, I need to find some coffee up in this piece...

On my second cup, hombre!

It's a cold rain too.  Gotta get the body temp up.  Tongue

delicate flower

'Morning there!  Welp, a full Sunday lies before us and we've got nothing planned and very little to do.  Hmmm.......

<3

Oski - have fun volunteering

Rick - 'mornin

Baboon - those are good things

Breakfast with the cat, then a nice warm autumn day!

Hip Redux

Oski - have fun volunteering

Rick - 'mornin

Baboon - those are good things

Breakfast with the cat, then a nice warm autumn day!

Oh, and congrats on two strong races yesterday!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Dailies!

Mmmmm - coffee good! Very good!

SRD for me today. I still have some minor aching in the right leg. That bad boy just won't quit. Anyway, I'm taking it a little easy. Call it a pre-taper taper of sorts. Hitting a half in 2 weeks so I want the legs as fresh as possible. I'm planning 3 early-morning runs for the week.

Today is epic house cleaning day. It'll take me several hours to do what most people do in two because I'm small and the dirt is big.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

On my second cup, hombre!

I suppose if I got off of this stupid computer, I could actually have a cup myself.  lol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12 with the last 4 @ MP done.  Morale lifted and no migraine.  Yay.

Pass the coffee.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

I'm a little bummed today.  Near the end of yesterday's run, a spot on the bottom of my foot  started hurting.  Literally happened from one step to the next.  After a couple of minutes, the pain eased up and I didn't think much of it, although it was a little sore walking around barefoot yesterday afternoon.    But this morning it is still sore and a bit swollen.   It is feels like some time of strain or inflammation around the 2nd metatarsal head.  I don't like to mess around with foot pain, so it looks like a few extra rest days are going to be coming up.  Hopefully I can nip this in bud.  But, rats, I miss running so much.

I guess I should be grateful I got through 2 marathon cycles without any issues.

Life is good.

LRB

I guess I should be grateful I got through 2 marathon cycles without any issues.

Some of us I cannot even get through one lol.  You gonna hit it with anything to knock it out?  Ibuprofen perhaps?  Or go natural?

outoftheblue

Right now, just ice and rest.

Life is good.

LRB

Right now, just ice and rest.

Au naturale 'eh, that works!

I started out with my current dilemma on OTC meds, then kicked it up a notch to narcotics, then decided after two days that was not for me and dropped back down to OTC meds again, before finally deciding to just ride it out without anything, sigh.

I should have stayed on the narcotics lol.

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all!

Just 3.3 very slow recovery miles this morning. They wouldn't have been quite so slow if I had chosen a route that didn't include a half-mile long hill that gained nearly 200 ft in elevation. I'm not sure that was the best choice for "recovery."

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.