Beginners and Beyond

Sangria Saturday Penguins! (Read 20 times)

silver_springs77

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

silver_springs77

Happy National Sangria Day! Don't get too tipsy!

Am I really the first one up? haha. everyone else is probably out running, which is what I will be doing soon. Skipped last nights run cause I came home fromwork and promptly fell asleep on the couch. All the chaos and adrenaline of getting the kids to Christmas break plus shopping/baking/decorating burned me out...so I will be going out momentarily for 2-3 very slow miles.  Then seeing Fleetwood Mac tonight (cross that amazing concert off my bucket list!) before heading to New Orleans tomorrow...

Have a great day Penguins and good luck to everyone racing today!!

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

- 1 Corinthians 9:24

obiebyke

Hi Silver Springs!

I've let myself off the hook for running this week due to busyness and as a step-back week from finishing C25K. We'll see--today I might do 30 minutes. I'll definitely be back to running next week.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Robert31320

Team TJ

I've been extra busy and a slight head cold all week so I haven't run any this week.  Today, it's raining.  Planning to get back in the rotation Sunday morning.  I work Monday & Tuesday and then on vacation until January 5.  Hoping to get back in the habit good during that time.

Running for TJ because he can't.

PADRunner

Morning, another RD but feeling better. Hope to run tomorrow.

Good morning all!

Thanks for getting us started Silver. I was up and ready to go run but waiting for the sun to rise so I wouldn't have to us a headlamp.

It was worth the wait, too. Gorgeous morning...sunshine, no wind, 30°. Perfect for an easy 5 miles.  I usually try to run it in an hour. When I break an hour, it still feels like quite the accomplishment fir me. Today I ran it in 55:55. Fastest ever by 3 minutes. Felt wonderful.

Now time for a quick shower before my grandsons (5 and 3) come over to bake Christmas cookies. Another round of baking with my oldest granddaughters (12 and 11) this afternoon.

Planning on replacing sangria with eggnog.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Woke up an hour ago (yes, Erin, waking up before 8am on a Saturday is not going to happen, ha).  Something longish tonight, either with him or solo.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Ran the Rudolph 5k this morning in 32:08  (PR IS 31:39)

a pic w Santa

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Nice pic!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

Great pic, Traci.

Running for TJ because he can't.

GinnyinPA

Traci - nice sweater.  Good job on the race.

Seems like this is resting week for most of those who aren't streaking.  I hope you all have more energy and time next week.

Silver-Spring - enjoy the concert.  Should be fun.  I hope you get your two or three in this afternoon.

obie - I hope you get a chance to run a bit today.

Robert - sounds like a good time to take a rest day.  I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Damaris - is the cold all gone?  Good luck with your LR this afternoon.

PAD - I'm glad you're feeling better.  Take care of yourself though.

Kathleen - good job on the speedy 5.  Have fun baking cookies.

AFM:  Temps here are still in the 20s.  If it warms up, I'll run 5 or so outside.

on my way to badass

Good weekend Penguins! New 5K PR 33:52. 30 is in reach with some weight loss and training.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Traci: nice race and picture. Smile

No drinking for me today. My HM is tomorrow and I want to be fresh. I ran 4 miles with some strides this morning while I was waiting for DD to take some test for college. She drives but the test is in some sketchy part of Los Angeles so I took her. My run is done so now, I wait.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good afternoon Pens.  3.5 streak miles for us.  Not much else planned.

Congrats on the PR,  SF.  You'll get the 29:59 soon.

Nice race, Traci.  Is that Scotty in disguise?

Glad you are feeling better,PAD.

Good luck tomorrow, Jack.  Maybe have some Margaritas before the race like Lily.

Enjoy NO, SS.

Docket_Rocket

Noce job, StoneFence!

Ginny, congestion is still around but I feel better.

I woke up with a migraine that is still

around.

Damaris

Fundraising Page