Beginners and Beyond

Looks like a Spambomb hit RWOL Again (Read 196 times)

Love the Half

Stopped by there around 6:30 Saturday morning and the first four pages are spam.  It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to get it fixed on a weekend.  So much for their new software guarding against that kind of stuff.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

aplodder

Susan

Looks like it's gone?   It's currently 7:25 AM.  I logged in a few minutes ago and didn't see spam at all.  There's a definite improvement in RW's reaction time since the last spam attacks.

Love the Half

Wow.  They have gotten better.  It used to be that if it popped up on a weekend, it would be up until Monday.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

MothAudio

You just have to know what buttons to push. Big grin

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

+1, but what is RWOL? Wink

Docket_Rocket

Not surprising.  We are having some of the same problems as before: some forumites cannot log anymore and their miles have to be posted by others, some of my posts are gone after they have been posted and some others are having the same problems.  At least their response time is better.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Oh god... Now Brad is like the old woman of the village who spreads all the dirty secrets of next door. Big grin Next thing we know, will he be telling us too that kittenkat is back in L&O City? Because both pieces of info rank on the same level for me. Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

RSX

This is the worst news ever!!

Isn't this why everyone moved over here to begin with? Do a lot of people still go both places?

Dave

happylily

Isn't this why everyone moved over here to begin with? Do a lot of people still go both places?

Yes! And Baboon is the biggest wh0re of all! Big grin (affectionaly said, of course. :-))

happylily

I should add that I'm there on occasion as well, and LTH, like ALL THE TIMEAngry wcrunner, too. And a bunch of others. What the place needs is more avatars with pictures. I don't know who is who with the generic avatars and that gives the place less character...

StepbyStep-SH

I reported a couple of things yesterday. But couldn't find a way to report a user, only individual posts. Mike, do you know how to do it?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Antipodean

I wander over now and again. Got a bit of a shock to see the spam there, brought back bad memories. Joking

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Angry wcrunner, too.

Can I blame that on some Corredores team members who didn't move over and Jennifer Van Allan, a friend on the RW staff who moderates RW's new forum, The Starting Line, where I try to be helpful to the real newbies just starting out with C25K programs?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

Can I blame that on some Corredores team members who didn't move over and Jennifer Van Allan, a friend on the RW staff who moderates RW's new forum, The Starting Line, where I try to be helpful to the real newbies just starting out with C25K programs?

You are forgiven. As long as you make appearances here, once in a while. Smile