Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES (Read 46 times)

flarunner

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury  to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours.

flarunner

Mornin' Runners!

Did 7 miles with 5 at tempo.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning, flo!

SRD. Maybe. Probably.

delicate flower

What do you say there, Johnny Internet!  I am still basking in my glorious return to running yesterday (see attention hoar thread).  Today I'll be getting back to elliptical and PT/legs workout.  I still question why Jelly Belly even bothers with the black jelly beans.  I mean, who the hell eats those horrible things?

<3

Just B.S.

Morning Fla and April!

Phil, that is awesome! You can send me the black ones, love them!

3 more sleeps.

My seasonal allergies have been knocking me on my butt the last 2 days, congestion, sinus and ear

pain and fatigue. So I only did the 1,500 yard swim yesterday and skipped the easy 4 miles.

Will do trudge through the 4 miles today instead.

There is rain forecast for the marathon on Sunday. A blessing and a curse. I ran my fall full in

pouring rain and had a 7 minute PR. This course is mostly hard packed trail through the woods

which could be bad for me on a sunny day. My allergies are much better on rainy days so at least

the rain could keep my allergies in check.

Have a good day everyone!

Morning Fla, April, Babs & everyone else!

Yet another beautiful morning out there, 9.13 miles at 8:40.

I have a feeling for a while, we are going to get a full race report from Baboon for every 2 mile jog. Bring 'em on!

And I like black jelly beans; certainly never have to fight the kids for them.

Have a great day!

Dave

StepbyStep-SH

I feel better today than I have the last few days. 8.43 miles in the rain, 9:54 overall pace. The first few miles were still slower than I would have liked (10:22, 10:50, 10:19, 10:16), but then I started adding in some strides, which felt good. Second half of the run: 9:33, 10:06 (on the hills that were 10:50 on the way out), 9:21, 9:03, 8:35 pace for last .43. Finished up totally soaked, with one very squishy shoe from setting my foot down in the middle of a puddle.

I am undecided about my strength training class today. I have a bit of a muscle pull in (I think) a hip flexor - I feel it right over the pubic bone on one side. It doesn't really both me when I'm running, but some movements do seem to strain it.

I have a lot to do today, so I may skip the class in order to get things done.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

I have a feeling for a while, we are going to get a full race report from Baboon for every 2 mile jog. Bring 'em on!

Heh...I wouldn't do that to you guys, though I will certainly babble on in the dailies.  Big grin

<3

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Running Friends!!

I don’t know about you, but I could use more coffee.   Scotty, I know that would make you cringe, but while I’m having mine you can have the preferred beverage of your choice, okay?   J

Flarunner – Great miles this morning!!!  Did you have tempo miles planned or were you feeling so good today that you decided to wing it?   Have a Pinksational day!!

April – Very decisive!   ;-)   I’m terribly indecisive myself so I can relate – drives my DH absolutely insane….   Oops.   How was the planning meeting last night?

Phil – I’m going to go read your thread as soon as I’m done here, but LOOK who is well on the way to recovery!!   Woo Hoo!!   I hate black jelly beans and I’d be fine if they discontinued them, but I do know others who love them.   Perhaps the jelly bean makers could sell bags with black jelly beans and bags that are black jelly bean free?

Beth – Allergies seem to be bad everywhere right now.   Hope you can get yours in check before the big day!   I’m already looking forward to reading your RR – I’m anxious and I’m not even running!!   Have a Pink-mazing day!!

Dave P – Congrats on the fabulous run this morning!!   Enjoy your day!!

Shari - Wow!  Great run in the rain!!   I'm so glad that you're feeling better today!!   Take care of that hip issue!   Are you counting down to the race?

Oski – I saw your note in yesterday’s dailies about your friend’s ex.   I’m very sorry.   This is a truly difficult time, and your friend is lucky to have you and your circle of friends to lean on now and in the future.   Hopefully, some counseling will give her good perspective and help her to move forward.   Hugs!!

I am working from home today.  The forecast calls for storms and I can’t get my Pinkerrific cast wet so I’m stuck in the house.    L    I’m not a big fan of going to work in general – it’s more a necessity than something I would choose if I inherited a big ole bunch of money (that’s not going to happen), but I did win the lottery in terms of co-workers.   They were Pinktacular yesterday – very thoughtful and helpful since I can’t get around all that well.   I am truly blessed.   J

Happy Almost Friday, Friends!!   And, may your next run reveal some hidden blessings to you!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Good morning, everyone!

flarunner, thank you for starting today's thread. Excellent tempo run.

AprilRunner, have a relaxing and refreshing SRD.

Phil, have a great leg/PT/elliptical session.

Beth, great job even swimming with the allergies, sinus trouble, and tiredness.

DaveP MI, nice 9.13.

Shari, excellent wet 8.43. I hope that your hip discomfort is gone soon.

Sarah, I like the positive outlook toe maintaining. I don't think that I'd be so upbeat in a similar position.

Weights, push-ups, and ab work are done.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Phil, babble on! Smile

Dave and Shari, nice running already. I hatehatehate running in the dark (I'm so over it from doing it ALL WINTER) so I still refuse to wake up for pre-work runs until it's moderately light at 5am.

Sarah, it was good. The race is in October so we're still in a lot of the pre-work stages. It's the third year running the race (and my second year on the committee) so right now it's all about $ponsors, $ponsors, $ponsors, LOL. The race benefits the Boy Scouts. It's not necessarily a cause near and dear to my heart, but my good friend is the RD so I like to help him.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 miles done this morning before working from home. Weights and a run with DH tonight.

It was a nice 70F so the run was faster than I'm used to in this soup.  Very nice after that hot race.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I love running in the dark.  The sun really kills me down here so the lack thereof is nice.

Phil, babble on! Smile

Dave and Shari, nice running already. I hatehatehate running in the dark (I'm so over it from doing it ALL WINTER) so I still refuse to wake up for pre-work runs until it's moderately light at 5am.

Sarah, it was good. The race is in October so we're still in a lot of the pre-work stages. It's the third year running the race (and my second year on the committee) so right now it's all about $ponsors, $ponsors, $ponsors, LOL. The race benefits the Boy Scouts. It's not necessarily a cause near and dear to my heart, but my good friend is the RD so I like to help him.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

flarunner- Thanks for getting us going this morning and nice work on the tempo run (I'm guessing early morning is the ONLY time you can get that type of run in once summer hits)

AprilRunner- Enjoy your probable SRD. BTW, I LOVE to run in the dark.

Baboon- Welcome back & nice report on the first run ... keep 'em coming. Wink You'll get no argument from me on the black Jelly Bellies ... though if that's all that's left in the bowl ...

Just B.S.- Enjoy your easy run today and stock up on Body Glide.

DaveP MI- Nice run this morning! There was no way I was getting up early this morning ... didn't get to sleep until after midnight and there's not nearly enough coffee in the house.

StepbyStep-SH - Sounds like a good run but listen to your body and take it easy today with the strength class (if you decide to do it).

Pinktastic- It sounds like you've got some great co-workers. Sorry you need to deal with the injury and cast right now but just take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be back to running like our dancing baboon. Wink

Oski- Oh my! I didn't read the dailies last night so didn't see anything about your post until reading Pink's. I'm so sorry to hear what your friend is going through but agree that she needs to talk to a professional AND have friends like you there for love & support.

BasyaSpiliakos- Fine job on getting in the weights, p-u & abs this morning.

Docket_Rocket- Nice work on the early 7 miles and enjoy that run this evening with DH.

Well, I got in 7 last night with RPs at a nice and easy pace (we had pacer dog with us) and changed up my normal post-run ab work to do one of DS's XC ab routines. Today we're supposed to get occasional showers but I'll get in 5-10 miles this evening sometime, as long as it's not lightening. Take it easy today folks, and be safe out there.

Train smart ... race smarter.

LRB

Supp Crew!

I got 7.5 easy done this morning including 8 glorious, endorphin releasing strides.

Man strides are awesome!

Busy morning, I actually have to work.  The nerve of them!

Check back later!