Beginners and Beyond

Tachymetry Tuesday Penguins! (Read 18 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

PADRunner

My Tachymetry will be 0.

Dad on the run.

Good Morning Penguins!!! So I went out for a run lastnight after we got back from taking EK to her big sister tour of Brookwood Hospital. I got all bundled up and out I went, first mile 8:35 - This feels fantastic, lets keep it going, I've haven't ran sub 9s in a while. 2nd mile 8:36 - Where is this coming from? chugga chugga chugga, 3rd mile - 8:40, a bit slower but I still feel good and only planned for 3 miles. At this point I realize I could set a 10k record, even if unnoficial. Mile 4 - 8:25, Mile 5 - 8:30, Mile 6 - 8:26 and for the last .2 I held a 7:16. So my 10k time was 52:43 my fastest 10k to this point was 54:26 I'm super excited and very confident that I can run a sub 50 for my Cotton Row 10k in May!

Edit - Forgot to mention it was 27 with a feels like of 18. That's cold for us Alabama folk.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Today is my Friday, I will be off work the rest of the week.  Not that I'm looking forward to it, though....I'm off because of my upcoming colonoscopy.  Tomorrow is my "Prep Day" - nothing but liquids for tomorrow and have to drink that oh-so-tasty prep drink.    Thursday morning up early to finish it off, and then off to the hospital.  Friday, I am just taking off to 'chill" and get back to normal eating habits.  And I can't drive for 24 hours after the procedure anyway, so might as well stay home from work.   Today will be my last run until Saturday when I have my 5K.  I plan on doing 3 - 4 easy miles at a local park.  The weather has improved a bit from yesterday, it is 35 degrees here this morning instead of the 25 we had yesterday.  We are warming up to 54 today.  By tomorrow we are supposed to be back into the 70s for your highs...crazy Texas weather! However, I'm counting my blessings, I could be in the East, North, Midwest, and dealing with what a lot of you are dealing with, all that snow and ice!  Ummm...NO!  I'm happy to stay in San Antonio, thank you very much.

Nice running, Jimmy!  You're gonna rock your 10K!

Enjoy the rest day, PAD!

What is Tachymetry anyway?  Tack-ee-meat-tree....oh, I see...a tree with some tacky meat in it...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Biking tonight. A nice day after our warmest Winter on record.  Sheesh.  Miami is never on par with the rest of the country.  Blah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning!  Biking tonight. A nice day after our warmest Winter on record.  Sheesh.  Miami is never on par with the rest of the country.  Blah.

I wish we had your winter weather here in San Antonio...I hate being cold!

Enjoy the biking tonite!  Back at work already? That seemed quick.  Your healing seems to be going very well, thank goodness!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Bin Running

Morning. RD today. Signed up for a 10k which sit well with my holiday to hongkong.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I took a rest day yesterday.  10 miles with 6x800 intervals tonight.  Then, easy running leading up to this weekend's 5k (if weather cooperates).

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Dad on the run.

Here some interesting information to take a look at for anyone who cares...

My Running dynamics.

10:16 avg pace - Running Dynamics

Avg Run Cadence: 168 spm
                    Max Run Cadence: 192 spm
                    Avg Vertical Oscillation: 6.6 cm
                    Avg Ground Contact Time: 294 ms
                    Avg Stride Length: 0.93 m

vs

8:30 avg pace - Running Dynamics

Avg Run Cadence: 176 spm
                    Max Run Cadence: 202 spm
                    Avg Vertical Oscillation: 7.0 cm
                    Avg Ground Contact Time: 269 ms
                    Avg Stride Length: 1.08 m

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

Jimmy, nice run, looks like I might be chasing you!

Scotty, hoping all is well with the test and they don't find anything new.

Awood, how long are your recoveries for the 800's?

Im taking a RD.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jimmy, nice run, looks like I might be chasing you!

Scotty, hoping all is well with the test and they don't find anything new.

Awood, how long are your recoveries for the 800's?

Im taking a RD.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Great morning, Pens.

I am running the LA Marathon this Sunday so I suppose I am tapering. All easy runs this week, maybe one with mile intervals. I plan on jogging the marathon and I'm not racing it.

enjoy the day

P.S. I hate posting from the phone.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jack - Haha...by the way...I'm gonna jog a marathon this weekend.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Penguins!!  I'm on my second snow day, but I'm trying to get some actual work done.  At least I'm doing it on the couch while watching TV!  And DH has the kitty sitting on his arm, while I am still mobile and cat-free, so that's all good.  We have to get back at it tomorrow, though, because we're out of eggs! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Birthday, Zel. Smile