Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Please Move To The Front Of The Line (Read 37 times)

hog4life

6 miles done. I was wanting more but just not feeling the mojo.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 races in 3 weeks !!!  Your Doc won't be happy.

On Saturday, January 19th, I participated in the Selma-Schertz Salute To Service Members 5K.  This was my 6th race of 2013.  Link to my report and photos for this event is below.  Please feel free to share the report and photos.

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Afb8594f1-c85e-49d7-9011-f316663d8eb8&plckpostid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Afb8594f1-c85e-49d7-9011-f316663d8eb8Post%3A11096515-f026-4ff6-9b54-8ea278f72fc3

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

6 more miles today on the  bike path.  Very nice day.  Last one for a while.  SRD tomorrow..

World famous Pequod's deep dish pizza for dinner (take away) with a Shiner Prickly Pear.

You do both!

Well the Austin marathon or HM is out of the question. DW has a practice test for her school counselor certification that same weekend. Oh well.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Sloooow.

Lauren- Congrats on the run! Small steps is the best way to go.

Scotty- I just read your race report, very nice Smile

Jerry- Busy day for you today! Enjoy your rest day tomorrow.

N-Bug- Good job on the long run!

1.5 miles at the park for me today. 1.25 is a lap, and that was previously the longest I had gone. Need to get over the mental part of looping, lol. I also go hit with nausea again about 10 minutes after the run. I think it's the blaring sun, or maybe the kombucha I drank before. I'm quite worried I'll never be able to have a decent run when the sun is out.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Kristin, that sounds like a classic anxiety dream, hope your 10k goes much better than that! Smile

Lauren, yaaaaaaay!!! Big grin

AFM, 10 miles done with new shoes, ITB started to tighten up just a little right at the end of the run, but no real pain.  I've been stretching, but still need to get a foam roller.  The new shoes definitely helped tho.  I think with continued stretching and then rolling, and not trying to get extra miles out of worn out shoes, I should be fine.

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!