Beginners and Beyond

Show me something interesting (Read 148 times)

Mostly harmless

Well, here is a photo I took a while back while on a run....of  a couple Gators that I "met" that were on the trail of a State Park I was running in....

I saw this fellow first....

And then this guy about 1/4 mile later...

Hypothetically, do you lose man points if you scream like a 3rd grade girl on a roller coaster when you come across an alligator? Just wondering.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

@runjerseygirl

I've had nightmares about this.  Literally, recurring dreams about running from alligators, since I was a kid.  This would be the end of my running career.

Well, here is a photo I took a while back while on a run....of  a couple Gators that I "met" that were on the trail of a State Park I was running in....

I saw this fellow first....

And then this guy about 1/4 mile later...

Do you even run?

I'd willingly hand over my man card. Ain't nobody got time for that!

Hypothetically, do you lose man points if you scream like a 3rd grade girl on a roller coaster when you come across an alligator? Just wondering.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.

Hip Redux

Awww, your fox is so cute, April!

Philliefan33

That deranged rabbit thing is creepy, but so far Scotty is winning the "scariest thing seen on a run" category.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I've had nightmares about this.  Literally, recurring dreams about running from alligators, since I was a kid.  This would be the end of my running career.

Sorry, Kay, did not mean to creep you out.

I was at Brazos State Park when I took these.  The park has quite a few gators in it.  I talked to a Park Ranger before running on the trails and he said yeah, I could take photos but....if they were 'growling' at me, I was okay...if they began to 'hiss' at me, then I'd  'crossed their line of patience' and to get the heck outta there.   Gee, that was a comforting thought to take on my run with me.  Roll eyes

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Apparently, runners' ideas of "interesting" crosses over to "creepy and/or frightening" often!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

That deranged rabbit thing is creepy, but so far Scotty is winning the "scariest thing seen on a run" category.

You think that's scary...you should see the photo of me from the Bare Buns 5K I did.....Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

they dont like people meat as much as you might think. And they prefer not to chase their food, they are more of an ambush predator. They are around our parts (Brazos State Park, Southeast TX) more than people realize. You would have to worry about wild dogs and coyotes more than lazy gators. Their hides make great running shoes Big grin

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

they dont like people meat as much as you might think. And they prefer not to chase their food, they are more of an ambush predator. They are around our parts (Brazos State Park, Southeast TX) more than people realize. You would have to worry about wild dogs and coyotes more than lazy gators. Their hides make great running shoes Big grin

My first trail run ever was a HM at Brazos Bend and I saw a few gators. I joked about making boots. I think the ladies next to me thought I was serious.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

oddcloud

A walk in the woods for me since I'm not running

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Buelligan

A stretch of red clay road where I run occasionally...  it's the 4 mile driveway of a friend's farm house in rural Georgia.  I do an out and back from his front porch.   There are some significant hills on this road.  It can be treacherous when it's wet.  Impassible by car or truck.

Buelligan

Here is a view along the riverwalk I do most of my runs on.  This particular place is an ampitheater on the north end of the route.  You can just see the asphalt walk itself to the left of the stone walls.  That's Alabama across from the Chattahoochee River.

Mostly harmless

Here is a view along the riverwalk I do most of my runs on.  This particular place is an ampitheater on the north end of the route.  You can just see the asphalt walk itself to the left of the stone walls.  That's Alabama across from the Chattahoochee River.

Nice!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi