Beginners and Beyond

Treadmill running as % of annual mileage (Read 269 times)

Don't call me Buttercup!

I was told there would be no math on this exam.  

Um... when I first started, it was all on the TM, but I wasn't logging many miles.  After a few months, I transitioned to at least one run a week outside, then it became all my runs outside... Occasionally now I'll run once a week on a TM, maybe, if our schedule forces me to.  

SO, um........... let's say 30% of my annual mileage in my first year of running.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

Meat Wagon

Puker

100% of my nightmare miles are on a treadmill.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

Sharz96

Back in 2007, when I first started C25K I did some of that program on the treadmill, and some of it on an indoor track, and weekend runs outside.  Before I even finished C25K, I quit the treadmill and didn't go back.  I've run off and on since.  None on TM.  Since Oct 2011 100% outdoors.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I would say about 5% of my runs have been on the treadmill this year. Less in the summer, and more this time of year.

My primary use for the TM is when I'm working day shifts - it's dark when I start work and dark/near dark when I come home so instead of venturing out onto an unlit road with no sidewalks to do my run, I'm a lot more comfortable doing it on the TM. Especially between 12-hour day shifts when I don't have a lot of time to waste driving to and from the running location. And especially when I see the trail of empty beer cans and bottles scattered along my most convenient running route - tells me what kind of drivers I might encounter after dark.

Overall, the TM will probably total out to around 8% of my annual mileage.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

From the Internet.

Um.. I've run 1 mile on the TM out of 195 recorded miles (ran some before I started keeping track but not more than 20-30, tops). So roughly 0.5%. I have easy access to fancy treadmills during the day (work near the brand-new campus athletic center) but I really prefer to run outside.

runTDC

During the winter months I tend to run more on the TM.  Running in the dark is harder for me these days.  I find if I can't see where my body is in space, I trip.  It's a balance/equilibrium thing.  I just bought a head lamp.  Maybe that will help with the night running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teresa

Aug—Double Dipsea

Oct 9–R2R Grand Canyon, baby!

2024 goals- Run trails, race a few, get a little faster, gain some endurance, enjoy life…😊

Village people

About 90% of my runs are on the tm. I love my outdoor runs, they a always a treat! 

onemile

I think I ran on the treadmill twice this year.  We had a pretty mild winter though.  I wish I could tolerate more treadmill running as it's nice to have that option when it's really snowy or cold.