Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

Angela, great run yesterday. Enjoy the seven later.

Robert, have fun, whatever you do.

Heidi, have a great LR.

Baboon, that sounds like a very good Sunday.

rkymtnanna, enjoy your six, wherever they take you.

kristin10185, whine away. You're in pain. Just take care o'yourself.

lilac_jive, what a fun ride.

Hilary, great run.

Pinktastic, excellent workouts yesterday. Enjoy your recovery run later.

So_Im_a_Runner, enjoy your well-earned rest day.

jneilt, sweet recovery run.

Rick, cool distance and pace.

Zelanie, I hope that the RD leaves you feeling relaxed and refreshed.

CrisRuns, great run.

21.0 miles in 3:40:54. 10:31 pace. It sucked. 41F. 98% humidity.

StepbyStep-SH

SRD for me. Home from church and Sunday school, and with temps at only 11* outside, it feels like a yoga pants/t-shirt/coffee and tea kind of day. I closed out the week with about half the mileage I really wanted, but now that the sinus infection is cleared up, I think I should get back up to distance (but not speed) quickly. The speed may take a little longer.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Basya, that's an enormously long run! I'm tired just reading it!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Love yoga pants and tshirts days!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Basya- Good job getting the miles done, sorry that they sucked!

Damaris has indeed finished and I think had a great time!

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys!!! DH is driving us back to Miami and I have to charge my iPhone so I'll be brief.

Tom was right.  Rumor has it that:

I finished the Goofy again

I almost PRd today (missed it by 10 seconds)

there are more rumors but you'll have to wait for the RR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

yay damaris!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Just B.S.

I had planned on doing 15 LSD miles today. However I am a big believer in an adaptive type of training

week where the schedule plays to your strengths depending on how you feel that day.

After an easy warm up of 2 miles I realized that I had a lot of energy today so the plan changed  to become

a pace run.

In total 10.30 miles in 1:36 with an elevation climb of over 450 feet, this included the warmup of 2 miles

and a 0.6 mile cool down  .

I got to the least hilly section around the 7.5 mark, mostly rollers and had a 15 minute stretch where I was

holding a 8:10 pace very comfortably.  It was a great run!

For those injured or nursing injuries or illness I am sending healing vibes your way.

Baysa, great job getting in that long run in that terrible humidity!!

LRB, great run and you always have the best pics!

Hilary, great run!

D.R., sounds like a great weekend!

SIAR, are you too fast to talk to me??? Congrats on your race!!

Be back later! need to get all that stinky running clothing from hubby and I in the machine!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Followed up my 5K yesterday with a trail run this morning in McAllister Park, my favorite park in San Antonio, and a nice bonus is that it's only 2 miles from my house.  Quite a weather change!  Yesterday 68 degrees and 100 percent humidity.  Today a low of 37 with a high of only 57.  Nutty Mother Nature!  I slept in a bit, waited for the sun to come up so it would warm up a little and headed for the park.  Run temp was 44 degrees but there was a wind of 15-20 mph making it feel like 39-40 degrees. At least the sun was out and nice blue skies.  The trails were perfect...nice and 'soft' with the recent rain we had but not too muddy so you sunk down as you ran, felt really great on the legs.

In this park, I have been knocked down on the trails several times in the past years by deer.  However, this morning, I saw the deer first! This fellow was watching me from the brush this morning...

Typical park trails I ran on this morning:

Normally, the creek beds around the trails are nice and dry; however with the amount of rain we had last week, here is what one part of the creek I crossed over looked like..

My 'bridge' that I used to get across the creek

To the left of it

To the right...

Ended up with 3.7 miles done.  I much prefer warm-weather running but I must admit the run this morning was quite invigorating and I felt great the whole way.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

@runjerseygirl

Wow, love those pics, Scotty!

Do you even run?

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Supp crew, the coffee is flowin'!

Okay so I'm heading out to meet up with my runnin' clique here shortly for my first long run of the new season.

We're getting a lot of rain here this morning and I am hoping for 10 miles, but will settle for 8...

actually, I'd settle for anything.  I am just grateful to be running again.

Hope you run went well, LRB!  Glad to see you are running again.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Goooooood morning Sunday!  Another day on the IR for me.  I did hit the gym early this morning for some upper body, followed by a Dunkin Donuts stop and grocery shopping.  Now I sit here pouring a protein shake down the pie hole.

Some work-from-home, house cleaning, and football today.  I take BACHELOR WEEKEND to the xTrEMe!!

By the way I found five bucks in an old coat pocket this morning.  Pretty sure I WIN Sunday!

Wow, Phil, 5 bucks!  All that and you got 5 bucks.  You work cheap!  Can you come do my yard work please? Wink

Tom, with less humidity, it would have been a fantastic run.

Damaris, congratulations!!!

Just B.S, great job comfortably running that distance at a great pace.

scottydawg, that looks amazing.

I stretched and foam rolled after having a Greek-style yogurt. I feel as if I were ten pounds lighter, now that I've changed out of my sweat- and humidity-drenched running clothes. I'm off to take a nap.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

10 miles @ 9:15

And a flock of turkeys blocking one of the roads in the park.

Turkeys,  you're lucky, LRB.  In the park this morning, I saw Turkey Vultures.   They sit on branches in the trees and watch you running by.  Kinda creepy, but certainly motivates one to keep on moving, lol.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Those things scare me.  They can be nasty, and I never want to be on the wrong end of the crazy claw thing they have.  Yikes!

Peacocks are what get me.  Those things are VERY territorial.  When I lived in England, I can't tell you how many times those silly things chased me when I would go by them while running in a park or on the grounds of a castle/manor house.  Those darn birds can be quite nasty!