Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

runmomto3boys

Did 10 in 1:12:31. This wound up being a fartlek type thing. Threw in around 8 surges ranging from about 100 to 300 meters at around 5 min/mile, and ran the last half mile progressively hard.

What a great run, Scrape!  Nicely done with those crazy fast surges!

SIAR:  Really?  0.1?  I bet you did that intentionally :P

Basya: Awwww, thanks - now do tell: what is this beef fry you speak of???

Sarah: Congrats on a PB pace on those 6.5 miles today!  Woot, woot!!!  And in the cold, nonetheless!  You rock!

PineGroveDad: Ohhh, man - that sounds like a difficult run in some tough conditions.  Way to get it done!

LRB

What a great run, Scrape!  Nicely done with those crazy fast surges!

Dude is sick, with an illness I wish was contagious; speed!

How are you feeling these days X?

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nice job, Sarah! I find that I run fast on really cold days just do I get done sooner! Smile

happylily

Basya, great long run in tough conditions! You will do so well in your upcoming marathon!

LRB, I saw you had a great run yesterday, so happy for you! And turkeys? mmmm....

Beth, you rock, woman... swimming, hill running, crazy crafting and scrapbooking. Don't you ever slow down, woman?! You're a freakin' tornado! Big grin

Taylor, pure awesome speed yesterday, congratulations!!! And that mileage, wow!

Heidi, you too, amazing mileage and great run today! If that is your running before training, I can't wait to see your training weeks! You're a dynamo!

Cris, so happy your back counting running miles! I bet you feel great, too. :-)

To everyone injured or in pain, my heart goes out to you... Hang in there, guys! There is a reason for everything and you will be stronger once it's behind you. Have faith!

15 very slow miles (so slow I won't even tell you the pace..lol... But NOT recovery pace. I still have some dignity, after all. :-) ) My legs are trashed. I finished the week with only 60 miles, but I doubled on the speedwork and the hill work, because next week is race week and I won't be able to do any special workout before the marathon. Since I'm treating the race as merely a training run, I'm trying to fit it in without affecting too much my training for my spring race, in 13 weeks. That means the after-race recovery period will have to be shorter than usual. I'm thinking 4 or 5 days? Ouch...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Robert31320

Team TJ

Basya: What a run!  And in that humidity????  You killed it!

17.4 miles, easy, done at 8:28 pace. It was a pretty fantastic run, actually. I forgot what a difference actually running your recovery days at recovery pace makes on the quality days I finished up the week with 80.1 miles and healthy. It was a good week!  Training starts tomorrow.

Which race are you targeting now?  Did you down time put you too far behind for your original race plan?

Running for TJ because he can't.

Shirfan, great run at a great pace, 60F and dry? I'm jealous.

scrape, your speed...wow.

PineGroveDave, sounds like a messy and fun run.

Lily, 15 miles? And only four or five days of recovery before you begin training for your next race? How do I make the prostrating smiley?

BTW, this is beef fry, y'all.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya....yep, could do! Looks delicious.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

notimeforthat

4 more hours in the pool today. I think we ended up doing around 1500m between the discussions and different drills, group swims, etc.

Then I got home and ran 4 miles, with a mile tempo time trial done at the track.

notimeforthat

4 more hours in the pool today. I think we ended up doing around 1500m between the discussions and different drills, group swims, etc.

Then I got home and ran 4 miles, with a mile tempo time trial done at the track.

CrisRuns

Lori, its sounds like you had a great day! Well done with both the run and the yoga.

Thank you, Lily. I had a great run today. It had been a long time. 60 miles and double the quality work, wow! What race do you have next week?

CrisRuns

Great job. Sounds gruesome to me, though!

Just B.S.

Great job! Are you shriveled up like a prune?LOL

I've been wanting to ask if you use a special shampoo because you are in the pool so much.

I'm planning on 3-4 times/week until the beginning of June when hopefully I can get into open

water.

Don't want the chlorine to totally trash my hair and thought you would be the person to ask.

B-Plus

SIAR - Congrats on the great race yesterday.

Basya - That was a sick run! I hope you're recovering well.

Scotty - Great pics!

RMTB, Shirfan, scrape - You guys are fast!

7.9 @ 7:46. I knew it was going to be one of those awesome runs when I hit 8:19 for the first mile. It was great scenery to see the ducks walking on the semi-frozen lagoon. To be honest, I wanted to see one of them fall through the ice. That caps off a 69.9 mile week. I guess I should have channeled my inner RMTB to get that last .1 done.

CrisRuns

I've been wanting to ask if you use a special shampoo because you are in the pool so much.

I'm planning on 3-4 times/week until the beginning of June when hopefully I can get into open

water.

Don't want the chlorine to totally trash my hair and thought you would be the person to ask.

Regarding hair, my hairdresser told me to drench my water under the shower first, so that the hair does not soak in the chlorinated water, but in clear water, thus reducing the damage.

notimeforthat

water.

I am not pruny as much as I was yesterday.

I have blonde hair naturally that is pretty fine. I use the L'Oreal EverCreme on my swim days. That has seemed to work well, even with drying and curling iron use daily. I also will use conditioner or moroccan oil (the light kind) on my hair on the days I don't swim so that it isn't trashed. With swimming, cycling and running, I have to shower a lot and there are days when I just cleanse it with conditioner.

If you can get your hair wet with tap water before you put on a swim cap, it will help seal off the hair cuticle and save your hair some added stress as well.

We will hit the lakes in late April here, wetsuit most likely. Looking forward to that.