Beginners and Beyond

No rest for the wicked SUNDAILIES (Read 217 times)

notimeforthat

Great job. Sounds gruesome to me, though!

We had a lot of fun. Today we did a lot of group swims where we could really get in there and beat each other up good. Better in a pool amongst friends than in a race. My legs are feeling the burn though. I swear I am going to cry lifting weights tomorrow.

I am looking at getting some of those stretch cords to help with strength...I have this horrible image of them snapping loose and sending me to the ER though.

runmomto3boys

Which race are you targeting now?  Did you down time put you too far behind for your original race plan?

I had 2 rough weeks b/c of the IT band stuff and I really wanted to go into training healthy and felt like those 2 weeks might dink me (probably not, but I am crazy like that!).  I am running Green Bay now on 5/19 as my goal race.  All in!

LRB: Agreed!  Scrape is INSANELY fast. Crazy fast.  Stupid fast.  Jealous.

B-Plus: Great mileage and a killer run today - so very fast!  Well done!!  Nice end to your week!

Lily: That sounds like a good plan.  All in for Boston - that is what I would do too.  Enjoy your vacation to Bermuda - I'm so jealous - and I'm sure you will recovery quickly enough to jump right back into training - you do recover crazy fast!  Great week, by the way - lots of quality work outs and lots of miles too!

Luke79

3.21 miles @ 8:17 pace.  Felt okay, but my right foot was stomping again.  It felt like a concrete block.

CrisRuns

We had a lot of fun. Today we did a lot of group swims where we could really get in there and beat each other up good. Better in a pool amongst friends than in a race. My legs are feeling the burn though. I swear I am going to cry lifting weights tomorrow.

I am looking at getting some of those stretch cords to help with strength...I have this horrible image of them snapping loose and sending me to the ER though.

Eh Eh. It has happened to me a few times with old ones at the gym. No one was hurt, luckily.

Better I Leave

Man...somma yooz guyz are fast....just sayin' Big grin

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

No run yesterday since my knee was acting up a little.  I've been thinking that I might be having some ITBS trouble lately, lil tightness/soreness on the outside of my right knee, so I took it easy and did some stretching.  Felt great today, some more stretching, go out and at 8 miles it hits me (was going for 16), so I walked back.  I'm not sure tho, could also be that my Cortanas are worn out, 410 miles on 'em and they're toast.  So I'm ordering up a new pair, and taking my Kinvaras on the boat this week.  I'll keep stretching and do some very easy treadmill running and see how it goes.  Then I'll see how it goes with fresh shoes when I get back.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

7.6 easy

AI, four hours in the pool AND a four-mile run? Wow!

B-Plus, a sub-8:00 pace for 7.9 miles? Amazing.

Luke, great run. I hope that your foot lightens up.

Dave, I hope that your knee/IT band troubles end soon. That reminds me to buy and break in a new pair of running shoes before Jerusalem.

Fuzzy, nice run.

I did weights, abs, push-ups, foam rolling, and stretching. I'm heading to bed.

Confession: when I read about runs at sub-10:00 paces being called easy runs, I feel a bit lame. I know that I haven't been running that long, but I'm still hard on myself.

@runjerseygirl

AI, four hours in the pool AND a four-mile run? Wow!

B-Plus, a sub-8:00 pace for 7.9 miles? Amazing.

Luke, great run. I hope that your foot lightens up.

Dave, I hope that your knee/IT band troubles end soon. That reminds me to buy and break in a new pair of running shoes before Jerusalem.

Fuzzy, nice run.

I did weights, abs, push-ups, foam rolling, and stretching. I'm heading to bed.

Confession: when I read about runs at sub-10:00 paces being called easy runs, I feel a bit lame. I know that I haven't been running that long, but I'm still hard on myself.

You aren't the only one.

Do you even run?

LRB

You aren't the only one.

Pace and speed are relative, no different than income or education level.

I'm poor and stupid by the way.  Big grin

Seriously though, everyone one of us wishes we were faster.  Every single one of us.

Nevrgivup

Great job! Are you shriveled up like a prune?LOL

I've been wanting to ask if you use a special shampoo because you are in the pool so much.

I'm planning on 3-4 times/week until the beginning of June when hopefully I can get into open

water.

Don't want the chlorine to totally trash my hair and thought you would be the person to ask.

Do you wear a bathing cap? I didn't for the first lesson this past week, but will definitely be wearing one from now on. Everyone has one and my hair was trashed from taking my goggles on and off. I guess a little protection is better than none at all.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Nevrgivup

Seriously though, everyone one of us wishes we were faster.  Every single one of us.

Word.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

runmomto3boys

Don't feel that way at all, Basya.  It's all a matter of perspective.  I am faster than some people, slower than many others.  That is true for everyone.  It's all relative.  Don't beat yourself up about that stuff.  Besides, in time, naturally your pace is going to drop.  Fact.  Now stop being so hard on your darn self, K?

@runjerseygirl

Of course it is.  It's just amusing to me that I'm like "Yeah!  I did 5 miles under 10:00 pace!" and then Heidi is like "Ho hum, 153 miles at an easy 5:27 pace."  LMAO!

All joking aside, I am happy with where my pace was on my last few runs.  I felt like I was really picking up my pace comfortably.  Hopefully I haven't lost much of that. Smile

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

Of course it is.  It's just amusing to me that I'm like "Yeah!  I did 5 miles under 10:00 pace!" and then Heidi is like "Ho hum, 153 miles at an easy 5:27 pace."  LMAO!

All joking aside, I am happy with where my pace was on my last few runs.  I felt like I was really picking up my pace comfortably.  Hopefully I haven't lost much of that. Smile

You are doing amazing and getting so much faster. I think the same thing as you and Basya, though, when I compare my paces v. Scrape's or Jay's or B-Plus or SIAR's...