Beginners and Beyond

Dallas Hot Chocolate 15k - RR (Read 61 times)

PADRunner

Short, Sweet and only version...

32 degrees at the start maybe 35 at finish. I'm not sure if it was my HRM or
    what but my HR was up more than normal for most of the race. Didn't really feel
    any different so wondering about the HRM.

My knee felt pretty good till about mile and I started feeling it but tolerable.
    After the drive home It was a little worse and added the left ankle and hip.

I survived another one!

Place  2854/3347
    Age    94/99
    Sex    803/854   
    5K     38:19
    10K    1:18:37
    Finish 1:56:24
    Pace   12:30

I got my just deserts!

And a really nice Hoodie! (not me)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

PAD, don't be modest, we all know that is you.

Way to go PAD! Hot Chocolate, a hoodie, another race distance notched on your belt.  A pretty racing day.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Just B.S.

Great job! Love that jacket!

LRB

That is some cool swag!  Hopefully Mr. Knee is feeling better when you wake up.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Survival is always awesome!!! Great job! Those are some great looking hoodies.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Nice!!  And very cool swag!!

15K's are rare around here.  I'd love to run one......I think. 

I'm not down with the temps though.  You can keep those! 

Randy

GinnyinPA

Good job on the race, despite your sore knee.  I've done one 15k race and I really liked the distance:  far enough that you aren't going all out all the way, but by the time you finish, you feel like you've really run hard.  Nice swag.

happylily

PAD, don't be modest, we all know that is you.

LOL...

Congratulations on surviving the knee pain! I hope you are completely pain free soon. I agree with the others, great hoodies and I like the goodies a lot! What was it? Chocolate fondue? Or a hot chocolate kit?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

PADRunner

LOL...

Congratulations on surviving the knee pain! I hope you are completely pain free soon. I agree with the others, great hoodies and I like the goodies a lot! What was it? Chocolate fondue? Or a hot chocolate kit?

The hoodies are really nice and I'm sure warm. I haven't worn it yet. I thought it would be to warm for the race and not easy to take off. I wore a full zip fleece hoodie I took off after 2. Only place I got cold were on a couple of overpasses where the wind was blowing.

It was hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, a marsh mellow, a banana, and some other dipping cracker things. They also had a chocolate stop around mile 6 with small chocolate candy squares.

happylily

The hoodies are really nice and I'm sure warm. I haven't worn it yet. I thought it would be to warm for the race and not easy to take off. I wore a full zip fleece hoodie I took off after 2. Only place I got cold were on a couple of overpasses where the wind was blowing.

It was hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, a marsh mellow, a banana, and some other dipping cracker things. They also had a chocolate stop around mile 6 with small chocolate candy squares.

mmmmm... Worth running for in those colder temps!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

hog4life

Congrats on hanging in there, I like the hoodie!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice race for you and nice swag, congratulations!

Glad the knee behaved during the race, but sorry it asked the hip and ankle to join the party after the race.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Good race PAD.

I was looking at that 5k myself for awhile.

Like the loot!

SheCan

What a yummy delicious race!   Congratulations!  How is your knee doing now?

I've never got a hoodie at a race before;  that's nice!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson