Bayshore Marathon

How is training going? (Read 527 times)

Hail to The Victors!

Fwiw Jeremy, Toledo has a half at the end of April. Great to hear your training is going so well and, like Q, I'm excited for you BQ hopefuls come Bayshore!
    That's good to hear, Rick. I think I'm all over that race. I've been looking for a late training half, and I don't want to do the Trail half-Marathon in Pinckney.
    corland

That's good to hear, Rick. I think I'm all over that race. I've been looking for a late training half, and I don't want to do the Trail half-Marathon in Pinckney.
      http://www.gazellesports.com/viewEventDetails.aspx?id=JbR0s7nuz2Molr2950BSqZb49qRq2Epk
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

http://www.gazellesports.com/viewEventDetails.aspx?id=JbR0s7nuz2Molr2950BSqZb49qRq2Epk
        Hmmm...I had been planning to do the Strider's Classic 10 miler in GR the previous weekend...but, damn, I haven't done a HM in well over a year. I really am intrigued.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

We will likely be running it or volunteering for it, Jeremy. It's put on by the Toledo Road Runners, which we just joined this year. You can get more info on it here: http://www.glasscitymarathon.org/Home.aspx

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hail to The Victors!

Yeah, that's a little outside my travel radius. Sorry, I'll have to pass on that one...

Marathonmanleto

Starting to feel like a runner again. Had a few solid weeks of moderate mileage. Getting ready for the buildup toward Bayshore. While running today and every day lately my thoughts are consumed by preparation for Bayshore. Am I the only one or does anyone else feel that once committed to a race it takes over all running thought?
              corland

Starting to feel like a runner again. Had a few solid weeks of moderate mileage. Getting ready for the buildup toward Bayshore. While running today and every day lately my thoughts are consumed by preparation for Bayshore. Am I the only one or does anyone else feel that once committed to a race it takes over all running thought?
                Nice work Joe. There seems to be a clear difference in running and training. I'm tired, legs are tired, runs are slower...etc. Training takes the fun out of a lot of runs, but it will be worth it in the end.
                  I think I know what you mean. When I know that I have race coming up I definitely make more certain to get my miles in. Smile

Michelle

Another Passion

I think I know what you mean. When I know that I have race coming up I definitely make more certain to get my miles in. Smile
                    Michelle, how are you doing?

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

corland

Someone is floating under the radar. Wow!

Think Whirled Peas

Blush

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Remember when he didn't run for like 2 months and was all whiney and "oh, I don't think I can train for another marathon...I'm not ready...wahhhh." Right. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

Hail to The Victors!

Huh. That's pretty damn impressive. Nice work!
                              Michelle, how are you doing?
                              Just saw this. Blush Guess what?!?! I ran 10 miles today and I feel totally awesome. I think it's safe to say that I'm back. Thank goodness. My family was getting close to kicking me out of the house since without running I can be a tiny bit moody! I'm excited and looking forward to planning my training now. I'll take the next two days off to see how my leg copes with my stupidity of today's run but I really think it'll be okay.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay!!! Michelle, I am so glad that you got that run in! That is fantastic news! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay