Bayshore Marathon

How is training going? (Read 527 times)

Yay!!! Michelle, I am so glad that you got that run in! That is fantastic news! Big grin
    Thanks. I'm worried that I pushed it a bit, but during the run it felt fine...so we'll see. I'll let it rest a couple of days. I'm just eager to get back to building up my mileage.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Be very careful, girl! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Yes, do be careful Michelle. Good luck. Wink

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

Tammy and I did a long run of 8 miles this morning that went great. Yea! This was my longest run in almost a year, since the actual marathon last April. I had no pain during the run and this was my third straight day of running which I haven't done in a long time either! WOOT! Tammy looks great. I'm so proud of how well she is doing and how motivated she is! Big grin

Rick

KvnJns

WTG Rick. Glad to hear the news. I had a great long run today also, my longest to date (15.75). I felt like I could have ran a couple more but I didn't want to over due it. I have longer runs scheduled in a couple more weeks.

Kevin

corland

Tammy and I did a long run of 8 miles this morning that went great. Yea! This was my longest run in almost a year, since the actual marathon last April. I had no pain during the run and this was my third straight day of running which I haven't done in a long time either! WOOT! Tammy looks great. I'm so proud of how well she is doing and how motivated she is! Big grin
              WTG Rick. Glad to hear the news. I had a great long run today also, my longest to date (15.75). I felt like I could have ran a couple more but I didn't want to over due it. I have longer runs scheduled in a couple more weeks.
              This is great news fellas! Be careful, keep that injury bug at bay. Wink

Another Passion

Thanks guys and, well done Kevin! Keep up the great running!

Rick

That's great news! Awesome about Tammy too. Smile

Michelle

Mishka-old log

Hey, Bayshore people! Just wanted to say hi! Here's my training update...my knee has been my biggest enemy for about a year and a half now. I'm finally getting some consistent running in, even though it's not much. Closing in on 3 steady months now, which is a good stretch for me with this knee issue. So, Bayshore is looking good! I'm registered for the half now, but may switch to the full if I'm still rolling along well the last week of April (half to full switches are accepted until May 1). I hope everyone else's training is going well! Just over 2 months until the madness!
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Behave, Mishka's knee! *looks at own right knee with reproach*

~ Sarah Kay

I'm not sure where I'll be in time for the big race. I don't think I'll be hitting my PR like was hoping to but that's okay. Smile Trying to behave and increase slowly but I'm eager to get in a few 15-20 milers before mid May.

Michelle

Another Passion

Just keep reading your tag line, Michelle. We want you at the race and able to run it, PR form or not! Wink

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just keep reading your tag line, Michelle. We want you at the race and able to run it, PR form or not! Wink
                            Yep, and if you run it really slow I might be able to keep up with you! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Had a really great 9 mile long, slow, run this morning. Longest I've ran in a year and best I have felt in a long time as well! Woot! Can't wait for Bayshore! Zoomy, I hope your race went well today! Heading up to Saginaw now to see my mil, fil, and dw. Have a great day and weekend everyone. Big grin

Rick

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Had a GREAT race (and a 15k PR--even on a brutal course)! Will post a RR on the main boards once the official results are up and I can see where I was for AG and entire field, etc. Smile

~ Sarah Kay