Bayshore Marathon

I'm in......are you????? (Read 351 times)

Think Whirled Peas

Some how, I doubt that will happen.
    What he said. And also, let's see the plan... Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

corland

What he said. And also, let's see the plan... Smile
      Take a peek at mikey's log from the summer. He seems to have all the answers. If I could knock out a few 300 mile months 1st part of the year it would be in the bag.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*lurking*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hey gang! I may be back at Bayshore this spring. I have been working on some rotator cuff problems over the last few weeks and DNS in Detroit because of a fall in August but the drugs have me back on the road and if I need no surgery this year I would love to run Bayshore again. I was planning a spring marathon someplace else just for an excuse to travel but with the economy the way it is Bayshore makes a lot more sense. I will keep in touch and good luck with the BQ Corland. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Think Whirled Peas

Good deal, Larry!!! I'm still waffling on it. The person who was trying to get me to run it w/her backed out now...so I don't have a ready-made excuse to make it happen (read: get my wife on board). We shall see.

Hey Q, Just start getting in a few 10 milers and a few 5ks and 10ks over the next few months and then decide after the first of the year. You do need to sign up early though. I believe it filled last year in Febuary. I would commit by January though just to be safe. Also I like to have lots of time to build up to those 3 or 4 ,20 mile training runs early in the spring. The toughest part is training through another Michigan winter. I am thinking of joining a gym this winter. I think the older I get the colder I get . I hate treadmills more though especially for anything over 3 miles. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

corland

Hey Q, Just start getting in a few 10 milers and a few 5ks and 10ks over the next few months and then decide after the first of the year. You do need to sign up early though. I believe it filled last year in Febuary. I would commit by January though just to be safe. Also I like to have lots of time to build up to those 3 or 4 ,20 mile training runs early in the spring. The toughest part is training through another Michigan winter. I am thinking of joining a gym this winter. I think the older I get the colder I get . I hate treadmills more though especially for anything over 3 miles. Larry
                I'd purchase a treadmill before I paid for gym membership. That's just my opinion. In less then an hour you can be on and off it - and get a pretty good run in. I don't mind running in the cold, but it takes extra time preparing, cleaning up, and then there's the additional laundry. There's loads of hockey and hoops on tv during the winter for your entertainment. I try to make a point to make it outdoors once or twice a week just to try to maintain the road legs. Cory
                KvnJns

Not sure about you guys but for me Deer hunting is getting in my way right now. I need to get on the treadmill tonight, it's been 3 days since my last run and I really don't like going that long between runs. I agree about hating those treadmill runs. About the most I can seem to do is 4-5 miles. I would much rather run outdoors but at the same time I hate the cold. I hate the treadmill and I hate the cold. I am screwed when it comes to winter.

Kevin

Think Whirled Peas

Thanks, Larry. Yeah, I'm just not really in a good running groove right now. The thought of running on the weekends bums me out. I'll come around, just need to ease back into it. And Kev, you sir are living in the wrong damn state! Tongue

KvnJns

And Kev, you sir are living in the wrong damn state! Tongue
                      Yeah, tell me about it. I Should move to Iowa or Kansas.

Kevin