Bayshore Marathon

Treadmills (Read 278 times)

KvnJns

12 miles on the treadmill today Dead. That is the longest I have ever ran on a treadmill at one time. All I can say is that it has taken me all afternoon to regain my sanity. Just curious, what is the longest distance you have ran at one time on a treadmill? I know that many of you have ran farther than 12.

Kevin

Think Whirled Peas

Dude, that is a long damn way on a dreadmill. I can certainly understand not wanting to run outside in this weather, but it's gotta be BRUTAL out there for me to go much over an hour on it. Nice job, and here's to warmer weather, eh? Q

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Just got off the tm a little while ago, 10 miles. 12 is my max as well. Did it after work before a training meeting last winter. Probably healthier than the chinese buffet that the rest of the staff had...well maybe not mentally.
        -Andrew
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did 5.5 one time...that's about what I can run in an hour. Then it shut off...which was fine. I very nearly had become catatonic by that point.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

I very nearly had become catatonic by that point.
            LMAO, I know the feeling. Q, I would rather run on the dreadmill than talk myself out of running all together based on the weather outdoors. Next week my long run is only 10 miles then in 2 weeks I have a 14 miler scheduled, I am hoping/praying that the weather will break by then.

Kevin

Think Whirled Peas

I hear you, Kevin. Got a pretty big weekend planned too, and I'm hoping for some cooperation from the running gods.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

corland

Nice run KJ. How warm was that workout room when you were done? Had to be at least 90. I've noticed the temp rise in there during shorter runs. I've managed 15 on the treadmill. And truthfully, I would have WAY rather run on it today. I HATE winter running. Slippery roads today, cold, WIND, bad drivers, and no bathrooms. grrr,.. I cant wait for spring.
                corland

Next week my long run is only 10 miles.
                  Wanna try for Saturday if the weatherman behaves?
                  KvnJns

Wanna try for Saturday if the weatherman behaves?
                    You know it. I'll talk to you later in the week and we can come up with a good time.

Kevin

Marathonmanleto

Cory--awesome mileage! That's hard to maintain--at least for some of us it is. Stay strong. Are you taking extra Protein? I find that helps my recovery. It also helps get in some extra calories. Any hard runs yet, or are you still working the base?
                      corland

Cory--awesome mileage! That's hard to maintain--at least for some of us it is. Stay strong. Are you taking extra Protein? I find that helps my recovery. It also helps get in some extra calories. Any hard runs yet, or are you still working the base?
                        Thanks Joe I love Optimum's double chocolate whey protein mixed with chocolate milk after a workout. Yummy. Its my reward. Well, one of the many rewards I feed myself. I cant seem to eat enough right now. I frequently get out of bed, go eat, then go back to sleep. Like I cant go without food for more then 4 hours. Still all base. I did some strides last week and finished my long run on Sunday a little harder then normal. March 2nd I plan to lower the mileage to the 60-70 range, add speed work one time a week ,and some faster finishes on my long runs.

Another Passion

Dude. Cory. Dude. Like Joe said, stay strong and stay healthy. You're going to be but a blur come the end of May. Whew! Wink

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com