Bayshore Marathon

well............ (Read 296 times)

KvnJns

I know that we will be grabbing a quick bite and hitting the water park at GWL (for the kids). I think the only time I will get out will be for dinner and drinks Saturday night.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...maybe we should do dinner at GWL. Gah, I LOVE that buffalo burger! Best. meat. ever!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

From my cousin: "There's a brew pub downtown called North Peake. Just below that restaurant happens to be an Irish Pub. Really cool place! It's not too far from any of the hotels, too." Irish Pub, eh?!?!?!?! Game. On. Evil grin

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

From my cousin: "There's a brew pub downtown called North Peake. Just below that restaurant happens to be an Irish Pub. Really cool place! It's not too far from any of the hotels, too." Irish Pub, eh?!?!?!?! Game. On. Evil grin
          Can we all cop bad Irish accents and fight? Cause that would be extra cool! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

corland

Hey everybody! Yeah, it's getting really close. I'm not sure of my race plan yet. When I signed up, I wasn't running many miles and thought 13.1 would be a stretch. So, I signed up for that. Since then, all the stars have been in alignment with training and 13.1 was not only quite doable, but sounded short! So, I did something dumb and switched my entry to the full. I'm not sure why I did that...just kind of dropped the entry change request into the mail box and figured I'd think about what I did later. So...I'm ready to run a full. For sure. Probably a pretty good one for me. No PR, but possibly close. But the bigger question in my mind is whether I want to hammer 26 miles and take the next month to recover. I've been really happy with training and getting primed for faster races over shorter distances, that I'm not sure I want to set that back a month. It would be different if I was coming into this with a huge base. I think I'd be able to get back into it quicker, but I really don't have a ton of miles and I think if I recover right, it's gonna take every bit of 3 weeks before I can really go again. So the options, I guess, are hammering and seeing what I've got, or going and running the full, but at a pace that will let me recover quicker and get back into the faster stuff that's been so fun lately. Decisions...decisions...
            I saw a 20 miler a week or so ago at 7:03 pace on FB. During our long run last weekend I told Hawk that people running 1/2's don't do 20 milers like that unless they're up to something. Very glad to see you'll be RACING the full!! Good luck!
            Mishka-old log

I saw a 20 miler a week or so ago at 7:03 pace on FB. During our long run last weekend I told Hawk that people running 1/2's don't do 20 milers like that unless they're up to something. Very glad to see you'll be RACING the full!! Good luck!
              Hahaha! Looks like it's call-out time! Honestly, I don't know what happened with that 20 miler. I was looking for around 16, and when I still felt great at 16, I didn't see the point in stopping. Why stop when you can still stand, right? We'll see. I might race it. But, on the flip side, I really do want to get back into shorter stuff as quickly as possible. There are a slew of 5k's and a summer track series that starts around here in mid-June. I did some of that series last year and had a blast! This year, I'd like to be recovered, have a couple fast workouts in, and hit that series hard.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looky, they even have a private party room that can accommodate up to 50 people: http://www.northpeak.net/prvtparties.html I'm guessing everything would have to go on one check for that, though, and that they'd expect us to order off a specific catering menu of some sort. Think it's worth looking into?

~ Sarah Kay

Hahaha! Looks like it's call-out time! Honestly, I don't know what happened with that 20 miler. I was looking for around 16, and when I still felt great at 16, I didn't see the point in stopping. Why stop when you can still stand, right? We'll see. I might race it. But, on the flip side, I really do want to get back into shorter stuff as quickly as possible. There are a slew of 5k's and a summer track series that starts around here in mid-June. I did some of that series last year and had a blast! This year, I'd like to be recovered, have a couple fast workouts in, and hit that series hard.
                  I have an idea! Evil grin I'm looking to speed up, you're looking to slow down. I race so much better with someone to pace me.....if you are serious about wanting to take it easy (to prepare for the shorter races in the summer) I would really appreciate some help at pushing for a 3:50 marathon! I promise not to touch your butt. I'll leave that job for Rick. I don't know if you can handle going that slow, it might drive you crazy!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, Michelle...did Eryn find you? She is seriously planning to come spectate at Bayshore and I suggested she see if you'd like a roommate to help split costs. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Hey, Michelle...did Eryn find you? She is seriously planning to come spectate at Bayshore and I suggested she see if you'd like a roommate to help split costs. Big grin
                      Nope, she didn't find me. I don't know what my plans are yet. As of right now I'm not even sure who will be traveling with me. It might be my whole crew (minus my 17 y/o) or it might just be me. Things have been hectic so I haven't worked out the details yet. I'm sooooo bad at planning stuff. MTA: It would be a good idea if I had a clue to what my family is doing. We've been going back and forth on what to do and who might go with. I have a feeling I'll be finding out at the last minute and it will depend on my husband's work schedule and my daughter's soccer schedule (possible tournament that weekend).

Michelle

Hail to The Victors!

Hahaha! Looks like it's call-out time!
                        I think you, me, and Cory should just all wear ND, UM, and State gear during the race, and whoever gets the most school shoutouts gets free beer at the party afterward.
                        Mishka-old log

You had that moment yesterday, IMO. Well, at least you made 6:55's look easy anyway.
                          I did kind of have that moment. My legs were taking a heck of a beating by the end though!! I think I had more trouble sitting down (and then getting back up) after the race than Dave.
                          Mishka-old log

I have an idea! Evil grin I'm looking to speed up, you're looking to slow down. I race so much better with someone to pace me.....if you are serious about wanting to take it easy (to prepare for the shorter races in the summer) I would really appreciate some help at pushing for a 3:50 marathon! I promise not to touch your butt. I'll leave that job for Rick. I don't know if you can handle going that slow, it might drive you crazy!
                            How does maybe sound? Big grin Seriously maybe. Is that ok? Clowning around Although if you ask Jeremy about my pacing skills, he might tell you about mile 4 from the Glass City Half. He might say something about crazy eyes. Honestly, this is a good idea because it's exactly what I did at the Monkey last year. Ran with Candice and Marcus, and we went 3:46! So no, 3:50 wouldn't drive me crazy. Hmmmm.
                            Mishka-old log

I think you, me, and Cory should just all wear ND, UM, and State gear during the race, and whoever gets the most school shoutouts gets free beer at the party afterward.
                              Do hostile shoutouts count?
                                How does maybe sound? Big grin Seriously maybe. Is that ok? Clowning around Although if you ask Jeremy about my pacing skills, he might tell you about mile 4 from the Glass City Half. He might say something about crazy eyes. Honestly, this is a good idea because it's exactly what I did at the Monkey last year. Ran with Candice and Marcus, and we went 3:46! So no, 3:50 wouldn't drive me crazy. Hmmmm.
                                Really? Wow. It might kill me but I'll try. My real goal is anything under 4 hours. My "wouldn't it be totally awesome" goal is 3:50. I think 3:50 is still quite a reach and I'm not ready for it, but I won't know unless I try. If you decide to make it an easy race day just let me know. If not - I think you'll be going for that BQ. Smile

Michelle