Bayshore Marathon

Saturday May 29, 2010 (Read 369 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would register today if I could.  Can't wait 'til December! Big grin

Looks like I won't be doing the trail relay that I'm doing this year, though.  That will only be 2 weeks after Bayshore...don't think my legs would be thrilled with a hard trail race that close on the heels of Bayshore.  But this makes Fifth-Third a LOT more likely for me, as it will be 3 weeks before Bayshore...can run that and add a couple of miles at each end for a last 20 mile run, perhaps....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I am writing this in my planner already!!!!  AND...a reminder two months before to book a FLIGHT!

Michelle

I am in for 2010...and Kirsten, I'd run the last 4.5 with you after Riverbank.  I really don't want to miss Riverbank again, but I'd make it part of the training program for Bayshore!  Big grin
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am in for 2010...and Kirsten, I'd run the last 4.5 with you after Riverbank.  I really don't want to miss Riverbank again, but I'd make it part of the training program for Bayshore!  Big grin

Yep, the timing works really well, actually--we could even do something like an easy 1.5 before the race, then an easy 3 after.  And maybe instead of the trail relay I will do the HM in Ludington the same day (2 weeks after Bayshore...make the most use of my marathon training, right?).

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am writing this in my planner already!!!!  AND...a reminder two months before to book a FLIGHT!

And we will make sure that someone is up there already to pick you up and get you back to the airport.  Derek pointed out that if you found it $$ to fly into TC that you could probably fly into Detroit or GR (or maybe Muskegon, which is really close to us) and find someone to transport you the rest of the way up.  We'd be happy to do that.

~ Sarah Kay

And we will make sure that someone is up there already to pick you up and get you back to the airport.  Derek pointed out that if you found it $$ to fly into TC that you could probably fly into Detroit or GR (or maybe Muskegon, which is really close to us) and find someone to transport you the rest of the way up.  We'd be happy to do that.

GR or Lansing is usually a fairly inexpensive way to go.  And I'd be happy to shuttle you to & from as well.  Might be a fun little road trip for us unemployed, bored housewives (ie, zoomy & me) to come get you!  Smile

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

GR or Lansing is usually a fairly inexpensive way to go.  And I'd be happy to shuttle you to & from as well.  Might be a fun little road trip for us unemployed, bored housewives (ie, zoomy & me) to come get you!  Smile

I'm sure there won't be a beer stop involved...  

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Beck and I are seriously considering renting a cottage for the week next year.  A friend of mine has rental property on Long Lake, 'bout six miles west of TC.  Could provide a post race landing area for all those making the trek north.

It could get messy.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Beck and I are seriously considering renting a cottage for the week next year.  A friend of mine has rental property on Long Lake, 'bout six miles west of TC.  Could provide a post race landing area for all those making the trek north.

It could get messy.

Oh, damn...that could be crazy!  Someone is gonna have to drag my ass back to the hotel, methinks...

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Sounds like you're covered pretty well, Michelle, to fly in.  I can pick you from Detroit and Tammy and I could take you up to TC and then return you to Detroit for your flight out.   Looks like you will have the flexibility to maybe go with the cheapest flight option for you either to TC, Detroit, or Grand Rapids.

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

It could get messy.

Rick

Another Passion

If Michelle flies... who is going to bring all the yummy post-race parking lot beer?!? 

Thank you, by the way, Michelle, for having done that this year.  That was very sweet of you and I really appreciated your having done so. 

Rick

Think Whirled Peas

If Michelle flies... who is going to bring all the yummy post-race parking lot beer?!? 

Thank you, by the way, Michelle, for having done that this year.  That was very sweet of you and I really appreciated your having done so. 

Heh.  I done gived her a smooch for the Yuengling. 

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

KvnJns

It could get messy.

We might leave the kids behind for next year. If that happens you can bet that I will stop by for some post race partying. We may even take our tavel trailer north and camp that weekend next year. Time will tell, but what I do know is that I will be running that race again. Cheers.

Kevin

corland

Yes, yes!!  Thank you again Michelle!!