Bayshore Marathon

Aftermath (Read 309 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How's recovery going for everyone?  I did my first run since the race and it was GREAT!  First run after Milwaukee sucked...but I only gave myself 2 full recovery days after that race.  Apparently 3 works better.  I'm semi thinking about running easy again tomorrow and then doing a somewhat longer run on Sat...maybe even managing a bit ol' 15 miles for the week.  Initially I was anticipating that 10 would be about all I could manage, but I'm feeling much stronger than I had anticipated...woot! Big grin

Hope everyone else is healing-up well, too. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I like the three days off too.  Today I ran.  Four miles.  Felt great.  It's still a mystery to me why my shoes decided to give me a huge heel blister on race day when I've never had issues with them before like that.  I took a picture of it but I still haven't figured out the new picture thingy here to post it. 

I'm not sure what my mileage will be this week.  I have a 5k race on Saturday so I'll probably keep my Thursday miles at 3 or 4 and then maybe take off Friday.  Sunday might have to be another low mileage day depending on if I race like I'd like to.  It's a cross country course though, so I might not push too hard.  My oldest son will be my pacer, he likes to ditch me near the end.  One of these days I'll beat him.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, Michelle...you are wasting no time getting back in the saddle.  Way cool!

I worked up a bit of a schedule for the next 5 weeks until I start training for Grand Rapids (going to do 16 weeks of formal training for that).  This week I am planning on probably 15 miles, then 29, 36 (including a total of 13 miles in a trail relay event), 40, 30 (finishing with a 15k race), then starting marathon training with a 35 mile week and increasing from there.

~ Sarah Kay

I had some help in figuring out the new picture thingy.  Isn't this gross?!?!  Never before have I had a blister like that.  I took this on Sunday.

Michelle

Wow, Michelle...you are wasting no time getting back in the saddle.  Way cool!

I worked up a bit of a schedule for the next 5 weeks until I start training for Grand Rapids (going to do 16 weeks of formal training for that).  This week I am planning on probably 15 miles, then 29, 36 (including a total of 13 miles in a trail relay event), 40, 30 (finishing with a 15k race), then starting marathon training with a 35 mile week and increasing from there.

I'm not doing any long runs for a while that's for sure!

It's exciting that you're going to getting right back into marathon training.  The trail race even sounds like fun! 

I have no idea when I'll do another marathon.  MAYBE - the wine glass marathon in Corning NY, near my parents campground.  I'm not sure yet. 

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wine Glass Marathon...ooh, that sounds awesome!

Damn, that blister.  That is HUGE!  Were you wearing different socks?  Is the shoe a different version than you've previously worn?  That is crazy...OWIE! Sad

~ Sarah Kay

Wine Glass Marathon...ooh, that sounds awesome!

Damn, that blister.  That is HUGE!  Were you wearing different socks?  Is the shoe a different version than you've previously worn?  That is crazy...OWIE! Sad

Doesn't that marathon sound great!?!  

If anyone is interested let me know! Free camping at my parent's campground.  Although it will be chilly, we can stay in the little cabins and then party by the campfires!

I can't figure out why my shoes did that.  They are fairly new, but they have enough mileage on them.  Same socks as always.  The only thing I can figure is that my legs felt like dead weight by mile 8, so maybe I changed my gait or something.  It's a mystery. 

Of course now this means I will be buying new shoes soon!       (until then I'll just bandage that section of my foot up when I run).

Michelle

Think Whirled Peas

Yikes, Michelle...that blister is nasty.  Prolly from the heat from running so close to moi for the early miles, I figure.

MTA:

And I'm still pretty sore.  Quads in particular are a mess.  "Ran" 3 miles today and thought I was going to need oxygen by the time I finished.  UUUUUUGLAY.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Yikes, Michelle...that blister is nasty.  Prolly from the heat from running so close to moi for the early miles, I figure.

You know what?  I was thinking that very same thing! 

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And I'm still pretty sore.  Quads in particular are a mess.  "Ran" 3 miles today and thought I was going to need oxygen by the time I finished.  UUUUUUGLAY.

Yeah, my quads hurt, too...not so noticeable until I try to go down stairs.  Ow.  Calves felt great on my run, but they are stiff again tonite.  But I think the weak lungs is more an issues of humidity than anything.  It was like 95% humidity when I ran between rainstorms today.  It smelled amazing outside, though.  If green has a smell, I know what it is. 

~ Sarah Kay

I got a lot of use out of my rolling pin...my quads love that pain!  They were hurting Sun, Mon but by yesterday it wasn't so bad.  Today I have no pain in my quads at all.  I swear by that rolling pin, it saves me!

Michelle

If green has a smell, I know what it is. 

Too funny!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I got a lot of use out of my rolling pin...my quads love that pain!  They were hurting Sun, Mon but by yesterday it wasn't so bad.  Today I have no pain in my quads at all.  I swear by that rolling pin, it saves me!

I had Derek give me a rubdown last night and I was gasping and howling in pain.  He claims he's not applying much pressure...right.  A few days after Milwaukee I had a pro do a massage for an hour.  At the time I thought she was too gentle, but I felt like shit for the rest of the day (all that crap got pushed out of my muscles) and awesome the following day, so she did something right.

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Dangit, i forgot about the rolling pin! I'mma get that thing out right now.

Thanks partner!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

BTW, am I the only one who has been peeing non-stop for the last few days?  I love the way the #s on the scale are going back down after taper and post-race bloating...phew!

~ Sarah Kay