Bayshore Marathon

I'm in......are you????? (Read 351 times)

KvnJns

I thought that I would create a group for the Bayshore Marathon. I am planning on making this my first marathon and look forward to any advise I can get from those who have ran this before. It's not far away. So lets get started.

Kevin

This may be my first as well. It would be nice to see everyone's approach and progress.
      - Tony
      BLAZE

I'm in! Sockoni what about you? Big grin
          I'm in! Sockoni what about you? Big grin
          Ya turd. Big grin YES!! Wait. Wait. I thought you said 1/2! Are we still allowed in here Kevin if we're only doing 13 miles!?
          BLAZE

Yes the half. I'll make you do the Grand Rapids Full with me next year! LOL Yes we can be in here! Big grin
            corland

Yes... I'll speak for Kevin, All are welcome! The beauty of the 1/2 at Bayshore is that you see the entire course. The full marathon goes out and back, the half runners bus out then run back in. It really is a very nice course.
              KvnJns

I am looking forward to this event just based on what Cory has told me. Whether you run the Full or the Half, it should be beautiful run.

Kevin

iit should be beautiful run.
                  This is the main reason this one sounded interesting to me! I love that area anyway.

Think Whirled Peas

I'm still too sore to run, thanks to GR. AND the plan was to focus on getting faster at the 5k distance before working on a marathon again. But. GR, though painful, was a lot of fun. And I want to do it again. AND I understand that Bayshore is beautiful. Plus Kevin might need a little encouragement, and Cory's prolly gonna chop some additional minutes off his time... Dammit. Can I be a definite "maybe"? Q MTA: Oh, HEY!!! AND Mulks will be giving it his first shot at the 26.2 too...idiots Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

BLAZE

Big grin
                      BLAZE

Can I be a definite "maybe"?
                        Smile Definately.

Think Whirled Peas

Smile Definately.
                          HEY You! Congrats on the spur-of-the-moment HM! You rock! Smile

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

corland

I'm still too sore to run, thanks to GR. AND the plan was to focus on getting faster at the 5k distance before working on a marathon again. But. GR, though painful, was a lot of fun. And I want to do it again. AND I understand that Bayshore is beautiful. Plus Kevin might need a little encouragement, and Cory's prolly gonna chop some additional minutes off his time... Dammit. Can I be a definite "maybe"? Q MTA: Oh, HEY!!! AND Mulks will be giving it his first shot at the 26.2 too...idiots Smile
                            November and December speed work. A Resolution Run 5k, then ramp it up for Bayshore. Your problem solved. Smile I've laid out the BQ goal. You'll get a good chuckle when you pass me as I'm walking it in after the blowup.
                            BLAZE

HEY You! Congrats on the spur-of-the-moment HM! You rock! Smile
                              THANKS! It was great!
                              KvnJns

I've laid out the BQ goal. You'll get a good chuckle when you pass me as I'm walking it in after the blowup.
                                Some how, I doubt that will happen.

Kevin