Bayshore Marathon

Aftermath (Read 309 times)

I had Derek give me a rubdown last night and I was gasping and howling in pain.  He claims he's not applying much pressure...right.  A few days after Milwaukee I had a pro do a massage for an hour.  At the time I thought she was too gentle, but I felt like shit for the rest of the day (all that crap got pushed out of my muscles) and awesome the following day, so she did something right.

After one race a while back I was in agony afterwards, Scott gave me a massage and I couldn't help but to do that gasping and howling in pain thing.   He laughed the entire time at the faces I was making.    He kept asking if he should stop...somehow I convinced him that it was a good kind of pain.

Michelle

BTW, am I the only one who has been peeing non-stop for the last few days?  I love the way the #s on the scale are going back down after taper and post-race bloating...phew!

I don't think I hydrated properly.  I think my pee was practically orange on Saturday night!  Oh, I guess that was way TMI!

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't think I hydrated properly.  I think my pee was practically orange on Saturday night!  Oh, I guess that was way TMI!

Mine was definitely orange...and I didn't have to pee even once during the race.  I drank 40oz of Gatorade Endurance and probably at least 10-15oz. of plain water, too.  I don't know if it's ever possible for me to stay hydrated during a race.  I wonder what would happen to me in truly warm weather...and how much of the cramping is effort and how much of it is hydration.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hail to The Victors!

I had Derek give me a rubdown last night and I was gasping and howling in pain.  He claims he's not applying much pressure...right.  A few days after Milwaukee I had a pro do a massage for an hour.  At the time I thought she was too gentle, but I felt like shit for the rest of the day (all that crap got pushed out of my muscles) and awesome the following day, so she did something right.

I had a massage on Tuesday night.  Felt like crap for most of today (of course the HUGE cold sore on my lower lip also has a bunch to do with that), hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Saturday night was BRUTAL.  I got cold coming home and developed one of the most massive headaches I've ever seen.  The wife and I went to Las Senoritas (or whatever that place is called), and I started getting the shivers halfway through my meal.  After some consternation and thought (mostly by her), we determined that, indeed, I am a moron (what else is knew?)  I hadn't had any caffeine (aside from what is in the four GUs I had in the race) all day, and I hadn't eaten in almost 4 hours (other than that greasy burger and fries, and the beer and wine).  So I had a massive caffeine hangover and I had low blood sugar.  Is there any surprise that I had a weakened immune system?  Moron.

I ran Tuesday and today, and I zipped through a quick five each day.  I felt pretty peppy on Tuesday, I was surprised, I shouldn't feel that good after a marathon.  I'm going to ascribe it to all of the miles, but I really couldn't say.  I felt pretty good after Disney too, so maybe all of that hard work keeps paying off afterward as well...

Hail to The Victors!

Isn't this gross?!?!  Never before have I had a blister like that.  I took this on Sunday.

Man, that's totally gross!  Wait until the skin starts sloughing off, I bet you could peel off bits of skin during meetings and roll them up and flick them at annoying coworkers.

Marathons: The Gift that Keeps on Giving!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran Tuesday and today, and I zipped through a quick five each day.  I felt pretty peppy on Tuesday, I was surprised, I shouldn't feel that good after a marathon.  I'm going to ascribe it to all of the miles, but I really couldn't say.  I felt pretty good after Disney too, so maybe all of that hard work keeps paying off afterward as well...

I definitely am feeling better after this race than I did after Milwaukee (more miles)...the race itself would have been better had I not gone crazy in the first half, I am certain.  I probably would have been at least 5-10 minutes faster had I not been a dumbass. 

~ Sarah Kay

corland

I'm glad everyone is back to it and feeling good. 

The sinus - sore throat thing that came along just before Bayshore has turned into full blown sickness.  I feel like shit.  But that's probably a good thing.  I have a real ich to run right now and I probably need to take a couple weeks off. 

I'm really wavering on the Detroit / Grand Rapids marathon right now.  I can sleep at home and save cash by running GR (for a 3rd time).  But I'd like to go back to Detroit and have my day on that course too.  I wish I would have registered for Chicago like I had initially planned... grr.   Having a hippy pacer would have been cool. 

Take it easy folks, don't hurt yourself trying to start back training too soon.        

Another Passion

Yea, but did it smell like asparagus? 

Michigander inside joke, Michelle.  Wicked blister, btw.  You're one tough chick! 

I ran 4 today and felt good.  Perhaps a marathon is not out of my not too distant future.... hmmmm.

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Perhaps a marathon is not out of my not too distant future.... hmmmm.

Rick...remember that HM in Sept. I told you guys about...the one that ends at a brewery?  Well I just discovered yesterday that they added a marathon this year--a certified Boston qualifier (not that that matters to me, but it is definitely a legitimate event).  Were I not already registered for GR this year I'd do the Old Boys' Brewhouse Oktoberfest Marathon this year.  Will definitely do that one as my fall race next year...perhaps you could shoot for that one (and/or Bayshore). Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I'm glad everyone is back to it and feeling good. 

The sinus - sore throat thing that came along just before Bayshore has turned into full blown sickness.  I feel like shit.  But that's probably a good thing.  I have a real ich to run right now and I probably need to take a couple weeks off. 

Get well soon!

Michelle

Man, that's totally gross!  Wait until the skin starts sloughing off, I bet you could peel off bits of skin during meetings and roll them up and flick them at annoying coworkers.

Marathons: The Gift that Keeps on Giving!

Ewwww - how gross!   

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Speaking of getting sick...I can recall feeling on the verge of something in the week before Milwaukee...I think it was 3-4 days after that that I got sick.  This time around I think I'm in the clear. *knocks on wood*

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Rick...remember that HM in Sept. I told you guys about...the one that ends at a brewery?  Well I just discovered yesterday that they added a marathon this year--a certified Boston qualifier (not that that matters to me, but it is definitely a legitimate event).  Were I not already registered for GR this year I'd do the Old Boys' Brewhouse Oktoberfest Marathon this year.  Will definitely do that one as my fall race next year...perhaps you could shoot for that one (and/or Bayshore). Big grin

Perhaps a fall marathon next year.  We'll see how I do this summer.  I may do that OBB half this September though.  Although, September is a wicked busy time for us with XC season and invitationals about every Saturday from late August through October.  I'll never say never though... like I used to about running a marathon. 

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com