Bayshore Marathon

Tweak Time! (Read 272 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Partly Cloudy 65° 47° 10%

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

Partly Cloudy 65° 47° 10%
      W: NW 7mph Big grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

W: NW 7mph Big grin
        Ooh, I didn't think they'd have wind guesstimations this early. Wow, those are about perfect race conditions! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

Ooh, I didn't think they'd have wind guesstimations this early. Wow, those are about perfect race conditions! Shocked
          Yep, just about perfect. A little wind in our face, but for the first half. If you click on the individual day on weather.com's 10-Day, you get other details, including the wind. I've been keeping an eye on the wind, and the forecast has been fairly consistent at NW or N and between 5-7 mph. Click

Hail to The Victors!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If this forecast sticks I think it will be a great day for everyone. So far it's not changed much over the past week. I'm not sure we could be in for better weather if we custom ordered it... Big grinCool

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

On the topic of tweaking...so far I had been doing REALLY well during this taper...no injuries, sleeping well, feeling great, not moody, not freaking-out, dancing around the house, giggling at random, enjoying time to do stuff other than run run run, etc. Today it is really hitting me that the race is in less than THREE days!!! Shocked Plus this not running shit...yet I am still eating like I'm running 50 miles--and not good stuff. 2 boxes of GS cookies showed-up the other day and I polished off most of them single-handedly in less than 48 hours... Pbbbbb... Gah, I hate cellulite and how it looks in race photos. And I vowed I would weigh less for marathon #2...right now my weight is within a half pound of my weight for marathon #1...WTF?! Black eyeNo I should go take one of my kid's ritalin, maybe... Clowning around

~ Sarah Kay

Mishka-old log

Who said anyone was tweaking? Clowning around
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Uh oh... 7 am 48°F Showers 48°F 40% precip 71% humid From SSW 2 mph

~ Sarah Kay

Hail to The Victors!

Uh oh... 7 am 48°F Showers 48°F 40% precip 71% humid From SSW 2 mph
                      Wunderground is concurring: 8AM: 49 11AM: 61 2pm: 67 70% humidity 30% chance of rain, Wind WNW at 4 70% cloud coverage. Looks like you will get your clouds wish...
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks like you will get your clouds wish...
                        Not sure how I feel about the rain thing...I've never run a 20 miler in the rain, much less 26.2. But as long as it's not super humid this may work to my advantage, since rain will clear all the crap out of the air that sets my asthma off. I will miss seeing the sun over the bay, though... I hope my kid tolerates standing in the rain for so long, too. At least they can go sit in the car if it gets too bad. It's MI...things could still do a complete 180 by race AM... Wink

~ Sarah Kay