Bayshore Marathon

2012 Bayshore Marathon (Read 39 times)

Can't believe it is this weekend!! Excited and nervous. Rain and/or hot is not good running weather for me, but it is what it is. This is my come back marathon and 1st of 3 this year. First and last marathon was 3 years ago. Hope I still like running after Saturday.

5 people from the Cincy area signed up and only 3 of us will be running.

Can't wait to spend some time in Michigan. Everybody is telling me how great the area is. Even if the race is bad, we will have a fun family time.

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

KvnJns

How did it go for you Lee7?

Kevin

What a great race! Beautiful course! The weather could not have been better. I was trying for under 5 hours, finished 5:01. I felt good, but my hamstrings would not let me pick it up early in the race. The last mile I just took off and hoped they would not hurt. Finished strong but just a minute to late. I am happy. This time last year I could not run due to medical problems. Really didn't start building a good base until October.

The lake water was very cold and a perfect ice bath. It was fun talking with other runners standing in the same water. I think only runners were in the water on Saturday.

The kids had a good time. Sleeping Bear Dunes was amazing.

Did you run anything?

2012 Goals: No Injuries Run 1000 miles Bayshore Marathon- May Indy Full Marathon-October

KvnJns

Uh, NOPE.

Been pretty lazy. I was registered for the Full but my training fell way off in Feb so I decided to cut my losses with just the registration fees and not waste my money on gas and lodging. I really need to get motivated, still!! Been in a really bad funk for the last few months and now I am really packing on some pounds.

Glad you enjoyed it. I did run the full in 2009 and it was a very pretty course.

Kevin