Bayshore Marathon

well............ (Read 296 times)

KvnJns

4 weeks to go. Damn it is getting close, where has the time gone? Who's ready? Really ready? Who's not? Who's looking for a PR? BQ? Who is ready to get it over with? Lots of questions........lets here it.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm ready...I guess. One more 20 miler in a week, then taper. Phew.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

Look at it like this. At least you have managed to complete a few 20 milers. I HAVE NOT. Am I worried? Hell yeah. I know I can still do this, just not as well as I had planned.

Kevin

corland

Go easy Saturday dude, we'll knock one out on Sunday. Wink People do this sort of thing all the time. You've run a lot of miles. A lot more then many (me for one) ran before #1. And yes, after reading those Boston RR, I'm ready.

Think Whirled Peas

Kevin, What Cory said. You are WAY ahead of where I was for GR last fall, by a LONG DAMN margin. It's ok to feel like you're not ready, just don't let it get in the way. You're fine, and you will make it. Your training has been pretty solid, particularly for your first attempt. Relax, and believe in the training. Just control the things you can control, the rest will sort itself out, bro. Besides, we're all gonna go get beer when it's over, and who wants to miss out on that? Wink

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

KvnJns

after reading those Boston RR, I'm ready.
              I am ready to put a few back in celebration of a BQ Big grin.

Kevin

I think I'm ready. I'm looking to PR, by a little over 4 minutes, I really really want a sub 4. We'll see. I have one more 20 miler to do next weekend. I think after that I'll have a better idea of where I'll finish. I will definitely be ready to celebrate afterwards, doesn't matter what we're celebrating! Big grin

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will definitely be ready to celebrate afterwards, doesn't matter what we're celebrating! Big grin
                  Most definitely! Big grin Not sure what my goal is...4:20-4:30, most likely. This is assuming good weather, no asthma/allergy issues (or at least minimal), no cramping. Ugh. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

I have a couple of goals. 1st is just to finish as this will be my first marathon. 2nd is 4:15-4:20. This morning I was finally able to get in a 20 miler, 3:19, that was a HUGE confidence builder and hopefully will stop me from crying/complaining/worrying/stressing. Ultimate goal will be to wake up Sunday morning with a hanger over. I am hoping that will help hide the aches & pains from the race.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ultimate goal will be to wake up Sunday morning with a hanger over. I am hoping that will help hide the aches & pains from the race.
                      I like your plan. May I copy it? Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

KvnJns

I like your plan. May I copy it? Evil grin
                        Hell yeah, the more people that try this the better. If it works we can market it as the greatest post race pain releiver. If it doesnt then the worst thing will be Tight lipped, I think I can recover better from that.

Kevin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I will warn you all that I am pretty much the same drunk as sober...only I maybe laugh more...and find more things funny. So, any ideas where we should go for dinner/beverages on race night?

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

Nice job, Kevin!!!! Getting a 20 miler under your belt is a great confidence boost for ya. May want to study up on your beer drink-ology though. I hear the exam post-race will be tough.

Think Whirled Peas

I will warn you all that I am pretty much the same drunk as sober...
                              We should probably tell you that this surprises exactly none of us. Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We should probably tell you that this surprises exactly none of us. Wink
                                Oh, and my cheeks get BRIGHT RED...like this: Blush

~ Sarah Kay