Bayshore Marathon

well............ (Read 296 times)

Another Passion

Ultimate goal will be to wake up Sunday morning with a hanger over. I am hoping that will help hide the aches & pains from the race.
    Hmm... pain masking with... pain. It might work. I'm feeling pretty good. Tammy's feeling better. Still have a couple of longer runs to get in for her benefit as she had to take a break, but I have no doubt she will be able to complete the half in a respectable time. She has already gotten a 9 miler in so, I know she can complete 13.1. I am REALLY looking forward to running this race with her. This is going to be special. Oh, and all you lovely people too! Big grin Kevin, you've trained well. You're gonna do great provided nothing unforseen happens. It should be a weekend to remember. As far as going out race night goes, what about that brew restaurant place someone had previously mentioned? Mackinaw Brewing Company? We're up for anything really though. Just looking forward to hanging with you guys as much or more than running the race with my foxy wife! Big grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

corland

As far as going out race night goes, what about that brew restaurant place someone had previously mentioned? Mackinaw Brewing Company? We're up for anything really though. Just looking forward to hanging with you guys as much or more than running the race with my foxy wife! Big grin
      My vote is for the biggest place in TC, where ever that is. There will be 3 maybe 4 other runners (and spouses) with Hawk and I. Runners that aren't accounted for in here.
      KvnJns

My vote is for the biggest place in TC, where ever that is.
        I second that. The bigger the better, as long as they serve adult beverages.

Kevin

Another Passion

Good thinking. Perhaps someplace has like a banquet-type room? I am not familiar with TC at all.

Rick

Mishka-old log

Hey everybody! Yeah, it's getting really close. I'm not sure of my race plan yet. When I signed up, I wasn't running many miles and thought 13.1 would be a stretch. So, I signed up for that. Since then, all the stars have been in alignment with training and 13.1 was not only quite doable, but sounded short! So, I did something dumb and switched my entry to the full. I'm not sure why I did that...just kind of dropped the entry change request into the mail box and figured I'd think about what I did later. So...I'm ready to run a full. For sure. Probably a pretty good one for me. No PR, but possibly close. But the bigger question in my mind is whether I want to hammer 26 miles and take the next month to recover. I've been really happy with training and getting primed for faster races over shorter distances, that I'm not sure I want to set that back a month. It would be different if I was coming into this with a huge base. I think I'd be able to get back into it quicker, but I really don't have a ton of miles and I think if I recover right, it's gonna take every bit of 3 weeks before I can really go again. So the options, I guess, are hammering and seeing what I've got, or going and running the full, but at a pace that will let me recover quicker and get back into the faster stuff that's been so fun lately. Decisions...decisions...
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have no advice...but I can't wait to wave hello to you on your return of the out-and back! I think that will be what I will love most about Bayshore...getting to see my faster friends (uh....that would be ALL of the RA peeps running this race) on their return to the finish/start! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

I have no advice...but I can't wait to wave hello to you on your return of the out-and back! I think that will be what I will love most about Bayshore...getting to see my faster friends (uh....that would be ALL of the RA peeps running this race) on their return to the finish/start! Big grin
                I got to do that to him on Saturday. Big grin

Rick

Think Whirled Peas

My vote is for the biggest place in TC, where ever that is. There will be 3 maybe 4 other runners (and spouses) with Hawk and I. Runners that aren't accounted for in here.
                  Agreed. I too have about 4-6 people not on this board that will be up there. SO...does anyone know of a place? I have a cousin who lives in TC, I'll ask her for recommendations and report back. But don't hesitate to shout some ideas out!
                  So the options, I guess, are hammering and seeing what I've got, or going and running the full, but at a pace that will let me recover quicker and get back into the faster stuff that's been so fun lately. Decisions...decisions...
                  Phil, dude. I get where you're going w/this but you really need to think about one thing. It is a RACE. You'll be pinning a bib on, lining up w/a few thousand folks and, well, for a guy w/your ability and past in racing I just can't honestly see you "taking it easy". You're a friggin' animal, and going into a race thinking about "taking it easy" just doesn't seem logical to me. Please don't misconstrue what I'm saying here. I (in my wholly unqualified opinion) firmly believe you could (and SHOULD) "take it easy". I just find it hard to believe you can pull it off once you get the *crazy eyes* 'round mile 6 of the race. Something deep down will snap, and lo and behold you'll be crankin' away. Regardless of what the "plan" was pre-race. Just sayin'. Wink

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

Q's a purty fart-smeller.

Rick

Marathonmanleto

Feeling pretty good. Did a 19 yesterday with some quality toward the end. Trying to figure out a plan for race day. Riverbank will provide good information. Few more weeks of quality miles then back it down. Keep it going all--not much time remaining.
                      Mishka-old log

Phil, dude. I get where you're going w/this but you really need to think about one thing. It is a RACE.
                        I know what you're saying. Big grin I'll need a rare (and quite prolonged) moment of maturity to actually pull off running easy. I did do it at the Monkey last year, but that was three weeks after a marathon, which made it easier to chill out. If I'm feeling good and trained going into this one...the crazy eyes will be tough to beat back.

Hail to The Victors!

Good thinking. Perhaps someplace has like a banquet-type room? I am not familiar with TC at all.
                          Agreed. I think we are starting to get into the 30-40 person territory at this point. Oughta be a blast!

Hail to The Victors!

I know what you're saying. Big grin I'll need a rare (and quite prolonged) moment of maturity to actually pull off running easy. I did do it at the Monkey last year, but that was three weeks after a marathon, which made it easier to chill out. If I'm feeling good and trained going into this one...the crazy eyes will be tough to beat back.
                            You had that moment yesterday, IMO. Well, at least you made 6:55's look easy anyway.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Agreed. I think we are starting to get into the 30-40 person territory at this point. Oughta be a blast!
                              I wonder if any of the hotels we are staying at have simple conference rooms--and would allow us to bring in booze/snacks. Maybe we could book one. Anyone know what sorts of amenities are up there? I would think that the Baymont would have something like that...nothing fancy. That would probably be cheaper than drinks and food at a bar, too, though would be lacking atmosphere.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Another thought--what's everyone planning on for dinner the night before the race? I'd be happy with breakfast stuff...maybe a pancake house or some sort.

~ Sarah Kay