The Bike Shop

Cyclocross (Read 134 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Damn, am I ever green-with-envy towards my friends who have started CX racing season.  I really want to do this next year.  This year I have no bike and the ankle I sprained back in June is not right, yet, anyhow.  Plus I am just starting training for a HM in early Dec., so biking is about to take a bit of a back-burner to running.  But next year...YES!

Anyone else here do 'cross?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slo

Zoomy

Up until 2 days ago I was ready to pop on a new Cyclocross bike. There are two races I'm looking at next year. One is a 2 day....330 mile race over the gravel roads here in Iowa.

Anway...my thoughts were to also use this as my daily commuter. But at last.....plans have been put on hold because my daughter is capped out on student loans and it appears Mom and Dad are going to have fork over some moola.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But at last.....plans have been put on hold because my daughter is capped out on student loans and it appears Mom and Dad are going to have fork over some moola.

*sigh*  In our case it is car repairs that gets in the way of new bike purchases.  DH's car has apparently hit that milestone (130k miles) where a whole bunch of stuff is crappin' out.  I guess it beats a car payment, though.

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

I did thiss'un!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay