The Bike Shop

Bike commute (Read 331 times)

Slo

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

Serious Commuters

http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/features/featuresdisplay.asp?ArticleID=1228

I hope they bought some gas stabilizer for their Saab. Perhaps I should offer to take it off their hands.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

TRUST THE PROCESS

I'm commuting again today and am preparing to make the ride back right now. I have a NNE 10 mile ride into a NNW 18 MPH, 38 MPH gusty wind, this is gonna suck big.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Slo

Are you home yet?

I had a tail wind.

Are you home yet?

I had a tail wind.

11.75 miles in 47 minutes. I decided to just go super easy and keep the old ticker in the recovery zone. I met up with a couple riding a sweet roadie tandem and talked with them for two miles. I gotta get one of those bad boys.

I had a tail wind yesterday and LOVED every minute of it.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

The Terminator

Serious Commuters

http://www.bikeiowa.com/asp/features/featuresdisplay.asp?ArticleID=1228

I'm curious why they even have a car, if they haven't used it in 7 months.  If they only use a car a few times a year, I wonder if occasionally renting a car would be less expensive/ make room in the garage for more bikes.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

Slo

I had to revisit the article.

It's not that they haven't used the car in 7 months, It's been seven months since they last put gas in it.

In 2013 I put on 4400 miles that were related to work commute or errand running by bike. I'll go months without putting gas in my pick-up and when I do it's generally $20 or less.

Getting rid of my pick up has never been a consideration. It's worth having around.