The Bike Shop

Registered for 1st official biking event (Read 133 times)

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

What better way to feel sorry for yourself than to register for an event, no?  I'm going to officially get nervous starting.... now.

http://deathride.com/elemap.html

Love having motivation to hit the spin bike during the winter.  Yay for black clouds hanging over our heads.

Just because I look dumb doesn't mean I'm not...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy crap, painful fun!!!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

Wow!  Go big or go home!

xhristopher

You should be motivated to get out daily by fear alone. 

My first official event was the complete opposite of yours.

Can a century look more inviting without including beer in the title? I didn't train enough, bonked at mile 80 and still made it under 6 hours. You, on the other hand, had better update your last will and testament.

Nervous is good.  Nervous keeps you alive when you're careening down Ebbetts in a hail storm.  Nervous and bike handling skills.

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

I have read the reports, RocketPack.  I'm hoping the hail stays away.  I am very nervous about having so many bikes around.  I think my bike handling skills are okay but I worry about others.  I have heard stories of people doing crazy crap on the descents, trying to "win" the ride.

Slo

Here's two that I have in Jan and Feb

Triple D

CIRREM

These are home spun non sanctioned races. No skinny tires.

galberras

fear the Col Sanders

Here's two that I have in Jan and Feb

Triple D

CIRREM

These are home spun non sanctioned races. No skinny tires.

Those look like fun.  I'm still trying to wrap my noodle around this whole bike and snow business.

I will now reveal my ignorance... with snow, do you basically use a cross bike?  Or is there another category of bikes for snow?

Slo

Triple D is done primarily on snow mobile trails and off road. A "Fat Bike" works best but there will be MTB's both 26 and 29 inch wheels and a few cross bikes.

The CIRREM is done on gravel roads. Mostly cross bikes there but again, you will see everything.

I will ride my Pugsly Fat Bike for the Triple D and a single speed 29'er for the CIRREM.

MTA: My Facebook page has some photos of last year races. I don't know if the photos are public or not.

xhristopher

We got a semi-crusty 4 inches this weekend. It's perfect weather for that Pugsly round here.