The Bike Shop

First ride of 2013! (Read 22 times)

Hip Redux

I ate a bug, I dropped my chain, and my ass hurts.  It was awesome.  Big grin

Here's the profile, about 15 miles, 1500' climbing.  It wasn't my first choice of routes but it was the one I knew I could do in the hour I had.

A few shots from the ride.

This is at the top of mile 8:

This is downtown Big grin

There were two ducks splashing around in the pond as I passed:

Anyone else get out in this nice weather?

Village people

Those are great pics! It was a beautiful day in NH!

Great pictures!  Looks like a beautiful ride.

I did get a solo ride in on Saturday.  It was warm here in Dallas (about 65 degrees early in the ride, and about 75 at the end of the ride).  It was nice.

But, it was VERY windy (25mph), and was loud and hard to concentrate with the head wind and cross wind.  Toughest wind I remember riding in for a long ride.

I left in the morning shooting for 100 miles, but my 92 miles felt like 125+ miles with that dang wind.

And yes, my ass hurt after that ride.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Slo

Here's a link to some images from The Renegade Gents race this last weekend.

I ended up logging 67 miles. The wind was brutal, the gravel was dry and sandy. No compacted areas.

The Renegade Gents race is a 5 person Stage / Time Trial gravel grinder. this year they started 37 teams...finished 24. Our Team was one of the DQ'd teams. We lost a team mate at the Half Way point.

I rode my 29'er Single Speed and was very happy to have the wider tires this particular day. Anything below a 35mm width was just cutting right thru the gravel. I was running 2.1" Nano's.

My gear selection allowed me to run about 22mph at  >120rpm cadence. It was tough staying with the leaders with the wind to our back. On the head winds the average speed dropped to about 10 mph.

We finished in 4hr 39mins which put us at about the top 25%

Renegade Gents Race 2013

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome...beautiful.  I have yet to do a "real" ride outdoors, this year.  I did like 3 ICY miles on my fat bike maybe a month ago, but it was just too treacherous to risk falling.  I did 9 miles on my CX bike, too...but it was completely unmemorable.  Today I want to get out, since it will be in the 50s, but it's also likely to be raining.  I didn't log a single ride last week between moving, weather, and getting ready to head to St. Louis for the Go! HM.  This week is looking terrible for weather, too, then I have another HM on Sat.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

My gear selection allowed me to run about 22mph at  >120rpm cadence. It was tough staying with the leaders with the wind to our back. On the head winds the average speed dropped to about 10 mph.

Great pics!

Yeah, the wind was slowing me down too.  Yeah, that was it.  The wind.  Not my legs that felt like cinder blocks.  lol

Slo

Great pics!

They are. He did a really good job.

Here's another link to a group from a race I did in February called the CIRREM.

My photo's are numbers 052; 235 and 236.  This is the same bike I road for the gents race. On this day I was running 2:1. This is a very hilly course and the gravels usually turn to peanut butter by the end of the day.

I had one of the photo's between 036 and 040 blown up to small poster size for my bar.

MTA:

Forgot This

Village people

Great pics!

Wow, there were some great shots!

Village people

i did my first ride today. i wasn't sure now far to go, so I had planned loops on my street. i did 10 miles (5 loops). Oh, I opted for the men's version of the KHS. It is a snazzy red!

Hip Redux

i did my first ride today. i wasn't sure now far to go, so I had planned loops on my street. i did 10 miles (5 loops). Oh, I opted for the men's version of the KHS. It is a snazzy red!

Where are the pics??   Snazzy red sounds awesome. Smile

Village people

Here is a stock photo, no I didn't steal the bike! Overall it felt good. My bottom is a bit sore. I borrowed DH's bike shorts, but he is a foot taller than I am, so they were a bit big. It was really fun! I hope I am not too sore tomorrow.

Village people

LOL, I just noticed the image.

Former runner

I finally went for my first ride this year today. I'm in the process of moving so finding all my gear was a challenge. I didn't have a water bottle but that didn't matter since I didn't have the legs to go that far anyway. Guess I'll be stopping at the LBS after work to get that fixed.

Ross

Hip Redux

I finally went for my first ride this year today. I'm in the process of moving so finding all my gear was a challenge. I didn't have a water bottle but that didn't matter since I didn't have the legs to go that far anyway. Guess I'll be stopping at the LBS after work to get that fixed.

First ride is always the toughest.    Especially digging up the gear that's been in winter storage, even without moving!

Former runner

WarmWeather

Water bottle came in handy today! The best part is all the items I serviced are still on the bike and functioning. Joking

Ross