The Bike Shop

Favorite Bike Gear (Read 318 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Here are a few things I have found I really like:

Camelbak Podium bottle

Specialized Jett saddle (women's, t-shaped, firm, comes in 3 sizes)

The North Face Electra backpack (small, women's-specific...great for carrying sunblock, snacks, first-aid, street shoes)

Garmin Forerunner (any wireless model) with cadence/speed sensor for real wheel

Pearl Izumi Symphony Cut short (6" inseam, stretchy panel in front, instead of elastic band to cut into belly--I wish they would put this on their higher-end shorts, too)

Nuun hydration tablets

Elite Custom bottle cages (I had those cheapy metal ones before and was forever missing and dropping bottles)

What do you love?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Oh, dear!  Diddit's in trouble now!  There's so much less *stuff* you can buy for a runner than you can buy for a cyclist!

I don't have much bike gear yet - a bike, a helmet, small under-saddle bag to carry keys and flat repair stuff, an air pump, two cages but only one water bottle that fits the cages...

And a bike.  I really love my bike.  Big grin  I'd have to say that's still my favorite bike gear.

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And a bike.  I really love my bike.  Big grin  I'd have to say that's still my favorite bike gear.

Oh, of course! Big grin  So you aren't wearing shorts with a chamois of any sort?  That has to be kinda painful. 

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

ROFL!  I actually have a pair of bike shorts that I use as often as I can keep them clean, and am thinking about buying a second pair here soon.  Outside of those, I wear regular shorts/undies.  It works fine.  My tush is usually sore when I first sit down if I rode the day before, but the soreness goes away by the time I'm out onto the road.  Much less pain than I always had with running!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The chamois is as much about not having seams in bad places as it is about cushion...perhaps moreso.

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

/shrugs

Haven't noticed a problem yet.  Then again, my rides have topped out at about an hour and a half max.  Might be an issue later.

Oh.  I do have a different "favorite" piece of gear - my lights.  They let me ride home at night... which means I can commute by bike... which means I can get my exercise in on workdays as well.  I can be quite practical at times. Wink

Let's hear from the rest of the gang here... Favorite bike gears anyone?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would love to ride at night, sometime.  I think it would be cool to do a ride when there's a full moon.

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

My favorite gear is 53/16, 'cuz it means I'm haulin' the mail! And probably doing somewhat downhill.