The Bike Shop

Time Trial aka Tri Bike (Read 15 times)

Expand upon your comment for the many people who don't know anything about Tom Demerly.

Thanks...And fitting that it's Tom Demerly's site.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xhristopher

Expand upon your comment for the many people who don't know anything about Tom Demerly.

Tom Demerly? I know more about Tom Dooley. He hung his head down.

Slo

Admittedly my statement is a off handed remark.

More so given that the photo is a picture from Michigan and it involves a triathlon...but as far as Tom goes...I'm probably not the best person to expand on who he is.

That said...Tom Demerly is an accomplished cyclist and triathlete. He used to own a large store specializing in Multi sports called Bikesports Michigan. It is now out of business.

He used to write very solid reviews of equipment, primarily bikes that were pretty honest unless it was about Cervelo. (personal opinion)

He has written for about every endurance type sport mag there is. He is a good author and knowledgeable in what he writes about.

If you were doing Tri's a decade ago it was almost impossible not to know who Tom was. Very involved and spent a great deal of time educating others.

My "offhanded" statement comes from meeting Tom on two different occasions and also from a bad transaction between myself and his old bike shop. None of which was positive.

That's where I got it from. I've bought some bike parts and accessories from them before and have had good experience with it.

Google image search gave me this.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Village people

Tom Demerly? I know more about Tom Dooley. He hung his head down.

LOL