Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

What not to eat after a run (Read 200 times)

running buddies

A huge double chocolate muffin and a Diet Coke. Dead I feel crummy.... and the run was fine...
    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Aw, I hope you feel better soon. For me the problem there would be the sweet, carbonated drink, not the choc muffin. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

running buddies

I think it was the pop - I gave up pop a few months ago (switched to unsweetened iced tea because I like my caffeine) and this was the first in ages. This is good, actually - it may discourage me from picking up another pop just because it's convenient. Now if I could just convince myself it was the chocolate that made me feel yucky so I could avoid that, too.... not going to happen anytime soon, though... Wink
        "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
          French fries. I thought I could splurge after a run and those fries sat like a lump in my stomach. ugh.

The young Mama Bear!

Sugar (at least for me). It makes my empty stomach howl and I don't like that.
            Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
            Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.