Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

I've completed my first marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 175 times)

Yes, you read it right, I just finished a marathon--came in first, even...just didn't run the distance all at once Wink It took me part of March, all of April, and now part of May, but I have crossed the 26.2 threshold...all through C25K. Actually there is a race on the coast later this year that is recruiting people to sign up to run 25 miles before the day of the race, then run 1 mile as your "race" and get credit for a marathon. I like the way these people think! I celebrated my victory by coming home and doing a weighted hill workout, otherwise known as mowing my lawn with a push mower. I never knew how much of a slope was in the side yard until I mowed it for the first time!
    Wingz

Professional Noob

You got my attention! Big grin Congrats on reaching the 26 mile milestone. Big grin How long until your next one? Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

How long until your next one? Wink Probably about a month. At this rate, I'll complete about 8 marathons this year. Not bad for a girl who thought she wouldn't make it through her 2nd minute of running a couple of months ago. Big grin