Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

March - almost Spring (Read 9 times)

Dutchie42

This morning was a 5 kilometer "progressive" run on the TM

2 min @ 9 K - 60 sec walk break/stretch
    5 min alternating 1 min @ 9 K and 30 sec @ 9.5K - 60 sec walk break
    alternating 1 min @ 9K and 30 sec @ 9.5K for the next kilometer - 45 sec walkbreak
    then 15 min @ 9.5K - 45 sec walk break
    finishing with 2:28 min @ 10K

Nice, feeling good. Ouch, I somehow hurt my hand. How did I do that simply running?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Dutchie42

18:30 minutes of easy running on the TM, then blasting to the finish with 30 sec @ 9.5K / 30 sec @ 10.0K / 30 sec @ 10.5K

And NO walkbreaks Wink

Added on a 30 min LB w/o and abs.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

8 kilometer "long" run on the TM:

10 min @ 9 K
        60 sec walk break
        repeat once

8 min @ 9 K
        2 min @ 9.5K cause I can
        60 sec walk break
        repeat once

8 min @ 9K
        2 min @9.5K cause I can
        56 sec (130 meters) @ 9K

Legs were still feeling yesterday's workout. But the run went pretty well Wink Think it's almost time to take my "long" running outside again Wink

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Dutchie!!  I have been hibernating, truly.  But I managed to link a large part of my knee pain to aspartame, so my knees are much better.  DH and I went to Disney World and Universal Studios last week, and I walked all over the parks all week long with minor twinges, so I should be ok for running again.  This week is spring break, and I have major craziness with scheduling, so I'm planning to bring in some gear and run at work (at least on the days I don't swim).  I'm planning to swim today and Friday, at least, hopefully run tomorrow and Thursday, and probably will get snowed out of work on Wednesday.  Life is never dull!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

Hopesmom: you are trying to get some exercise in. That count's for something Smile I'm just glad snow and freezing temps have left us two weeks ago. It's still mighty chilly in the morning, but it's much nicer to run outside then it was.

Mon: approx. 2.8 kilometers on the beach. I was at the coast for work for 3 days. Added on a swim in the hotel swimming pool plus a mandatory boot camp class on the beach.

Tue: approx. 4.7 kilometers on the beach with some really fast colleagues. I made the mistake of running harder than I actually could. Especially since we were on the beach. I've been running nearly all my workouts on the TM, so this beach running was ridiculously hard!

Wed: Only 2.5 kilometers out on the road at home, cause my legs felt incredibly tired from those beach runs.

Thu: taking a rest day cause I forgot to turn the alarm back on on my phone. When I was away for work I didn't need to get up before 7AM, so had turned the 5h00 alarm and the 6h00 alarm (in case I fell asleep again) off.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

On the treadmill once more this morning.

1 KM @ 9.0K - 30 sec walk break
              1 KM @ 9.5K - 30 sec walk break
              repeat twice
              1 KM @ 9.0K

Not really, but I am calling it a tempo run.

Definitely not easy, but doable. Was sleepy and tired, so am rather pleased with myself that I did get the run in.

Dutchie

Dutchie42

Yesterday was a short 2.5 kilometer run with the dogs in the rain.

Today was 8.2 kilometers on my new running shoes at a reasonable pace. Why are running shoes so darn expensive? And why are they twice as expensive in Europe as they are in the US? And how come Asics won't allow for international shipping? I'm now ordering an extra pair online and have them delivered to a friend's US addres (free shipping), then have them forwarded to my address.

Anyways, I'm well on my way to a 10 kilometer 'long" run with two or three 5 kilometer runs on weekdays. Which is the goal until I finish school (July). Then I can focus on long distance again.

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Ok, so here's my deal.  I had a really bad case of runner's knee last year, which hosed me for months.  I've been trying to come back with C25k, and last Tuesday I went for a W3D1 run.  After I finished, my knee locked up and the pain was so intense I thought I would puke.  It was a horrific couple of days before I could get in to see my doc, who says it's another flare-up.  So I'm pretty much ceasing all attempts to run, and I'm going to be a walker instead.  I'm hoping that walking won't cause the kind of inflammation and pain that running does -- I'd really rather not downgrade myself to swimmer only.  But that's my story -- C25k is not happening.

I'll continue to wander by and keep an eye on things, but I'm much more active in the Beginners and Beyond group, if anyone wants to migrate over!

Cheers,

Hope'sMom

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dutchie42

5K run for me today.

I think I've passed the beginner phase as I can run 5K and am well on my way to a 10K "long" run. I'll go back to my old check-ins. I'll be hopping in now and then to see if anyone posted. As I'm the one posting most of the time and Hopesmom is moving on as well, I doubt this check in will be very busy.

Keep on running everyone! Cool

Dutchie

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on things in case someone new pops up, but I'm not going to fuss.  See you, Dutchie!!