Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/11 - 5/16 (Read 503 times)

RookieRider

Everyone seems to be doing pretty well. Good luck this week. Saturday I ran w5d3. If you didn't know this was my second round of week 5 and I was so impressed that I was actually able to run 20 minutes. At the end of my run I heard the rocky theme in my head so I threw my arms in the air and ran around in circles. Da, da, daaaaaaaaaaaa. Da, da, daaaaaaaaaaaaa. I can't tell you how this accomplishment made me feel. I've wanted this for 3 years and I can see the goal line from where I am. I'm actually going to run a 5k. And it won't be long. Later today I'll be doing w6d1.
    2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week
      Congrats, lancesmom! That is an awesome accomplishment. I ran W5D1 this morning on the trail with the dog. I bumped up the distance from the 1.6 miles I had been covering over the last three weeks to 2.0 miles and actually wound up with a tiny bit faster pace than I had hoped for. Smile
      Wingz

Professional Noob

lancesmom - the goal is in sight! Keep hanging in there and you WILL reach it! Way to go!!! Hope everyone has a good week!

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

I just got done with w5d3! I have to cover up the time on both the treadmill and the Ipod, otherwise I get discouraged, so I simply turned the Ipod facedown on top of the treadmill's screen, which left me just enough space to see where I was in the lap marker. I knew roughly how many laps I would do, so I just counted those instead of time, alternated between watching the squirrels outside my window and staring at my feet, zoned out, and just ran until the Ipod told me to stop. Now I just need to decide if I'll settle for completing it once, or if I want to give it another go before moving onto week 6. And I'm really hoping that the work schedule I saw yesterday is correct and I actually have tomorrow off, because I think my legs are going to hate me tomorrow.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
          • run 1000k
          • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Now I just need to decide if I'll settle for completing it once, or if I want to give it another go before moving onto week 6.
            Not being any expert at all, it would be my guess that this is designed as the "long run" for the week, and then the plan backs right down again for the start of week six. I see repeating days as needed, but I don't know that this is one I'd repeat. I don't think we're supposed maintain runs of 20 minutes at this point in the game. I liked your plan of repeating days in week five...I might move on to week six with that same plan. You don't want to overtax your body, and I think there's a very valid reason week six backs down to five and eight minute run intervals again. Wingz??
              Smile !!!!! Good for you, Lancesmom. You can be really proud of yourself. I am somewhat in the same category as you - I have done several 5Ks, one 6K, and one 8K, but mostly walked, with running gradually coming. I'm a , well, older beginner, and just to get off my feet has taken some time, but am am making some progress. It sure beats knitting and going to meetings! I am starting week 4, having spent a month on week 3. Have a great week. I will do week 4, day 2 today, week 4, day 3 on Wed., take off two days if need be, and walk/run a 5K on Sat. Best of luck to all. Woods Lady

You Are Beautiful.

Just popping in for a minute. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I'm curious to see if our weather holds up...it's beautiful today! Smile Anyway, good running juju to everyone!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Wingz

Professional Noob

Not being any expert at all, it would be my guess that this is designed as the "long run" for the week, and then the plan backs right down again for the start of week six. I see repeating days as needed, but I don't know that this is one I'd repeat. I don't think we're supposed maintain runs of 20 minutes at this point in the game. I liked your plan of repeating days in week five...I might move on to week six with that same plan. You don't want to overtax your body, and I think there's a very valid reason week six backs down to five and eight minute run intervals again. Wingz??
                  Good point. If you want to repeat it, why not repeat the whole week again? That 20 minute run will feel easier the second time around... Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

Good points regarding me doing another 20min run. Considering that I did 3 days of w5d1 and another 2 of w5d2 before going onto the BIG RUN (so far), I think I'm good to go with week 6 (which I forgot was similar to week 5's anyway).

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
                    • run 1000k
                    • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Baby bean!

Good points regarding me doing another 20min run. Considering that I did 3 days of w5d1 and another 2 of w5d2 before going onto the BIG RUN (so far), I think I'm good to go with week 6 (which I forgot was similar to week 5's anyway).
                      Great job!!! I am so happy for you! I feel like if you got through week 5, you'll do fine with week 6. I did week 6 over the course of about 2 weeks, too. I just finished the 25 minute run. Yeah! Gotta say, between trance music and adding numbers, I zoned out.

Goals:
                      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

week 6 day 3 done!!!

RookieRider

Thanks for the encouragment. Yesterday I did w6d1. Have a great week.
                          2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

You Are Beautiful.

Going for week 7 day 3 today. I MUST remember to bring my stopwatch. I feel like it's in the bag. I'm trying to add strength training to off-days. Thanks to everyone who friended me on Facebook Big grin Congrats to O and Lancesmom! Good luck to everyone else, let's kick this week's butt!!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                            Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

RookieRider

I did W6D2 today. It wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. It seems like the runs are easier when I don't look at the plan to see what my run is for the day and it also helps if I don't look at the Ipod, which has been discussed before. But today I had a hard time not looking to see how much longer I had left to run. I'm waiting to see how this week goes before I decide to pick a 5k event to run. There is an event on May 23 that I'd like to run but we'll see after this weekend. Woods Lady - If I had known what I know now, I would have started taking better care of myself YEARS ago. lol That way this c25k wouldn't be so difficult. The knitting comment was funny. Since I found out my niece is having twins in Sept, I've been knitting my fool head off. She is having twins. Smile Both are boys. ChupChup - Congrats on the faster pace. That's great.
                                Week 6 Day 2 here as well. Great run....thought it was easier than Day 1, and I'm feeling totally ready for the 25 minute run next!