Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

The "9 Week" Program (Read 500 times)

Baby bean!

I admire anyone who can finish it in 9 weeks. I knew going into it this time that I was going to have to repeat weeks 5 and 6 and I created a way of doing so. By repeating those weeks, I was able to not only build endurance but also confidence.

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Beginner all over again

It depends on your Fitness Level at the beginning. I started 2 months ago and am still on Week #1

Hi Frances.  I lurk, and am following your progress.  I started about the same time as you did on RA, but had gone through some of the same stuff that you are going through before I joined.  I am an old wannabee.   I started with a month or more of just walking.  Then, get this, I added 50 STEPS of jogging.  I very gradually have kept adding steps, and then minutes.  You are going to get there, I know, with your determination.  I like your attitude, too.  

I am on week 5.  I take all the weeks with extra time - what ever I need.  I did OK on day 1 of week 5.  I didn't like the jump from 5 minutes of continuous running to 8 on day 2, so today I did 6 minute intervals, and did fine.  So onward.   I also add on to the days C25K routine, and do what I want just for fun, but pay close attention to any owies, etc. 

Have a good run next, FrancesRE.

Woods Lady   aka  Ma Econo