Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Reward for Completing? (Read 285 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Little quiet in here so I'm going to toss out a question to see who is here.... Finishing should be celebrated! If you completed C25K already (or OHR, did you reward yourself for completing it? If you haven't completed it, are you planning to reward yourself at the end? Yes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

kiwirunning

You know - I hadn't even thought of a reward.... hmmmmm
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

But is it a little fun to consider? Evil grin Yes

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Wingz

Professional Noob

Last time I PR'd I put a pair of bright red shoelaces in the pair of shoes I'd been wearing. I call them my "PR laces" and make a point of telling that to anyone who dares to comment on them. Big grin Other rewards have included new running shoes and apparel. Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

I really, really, really want a Garmin Forerunner. But, since they are a bit pricey - I'm going to use it as a reward. I had not decided what the criteria would be, but completion of the Cto5K sounds like a good goal to use before I get one. That will coincide with actually being at the point where the Forerunner will really become useful as well. Now, I'm really psyched! Big grin
            ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
              I've thought I'll probably get something for myself once I complete my first 5k but I still dont know what that is hmm now I'll have to think since thats the end of this month Smile
              Yelie
              obiebyke

I think I got myself a massage right around there somewhere. Aaaahhh...

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

I'm thinking new shoes and a new ipod... Smile
                    OK, maybe it seems strange to reward the completion of Cto5K with more running, but that's another thing I want to do. I just found out that the local park system has a series of cross-country runs in the fall. I love trail running - and they have a nice series of races. I would love to be in shape to participate - and that'll be an awesome reward for completing the program. (plus the forerunner!)
                    ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
                      I got fitted for good running shoes and picked up new running clothes when I finished the C25K. I had been running in... good shoes but they were good for someone else. Walking into the running store was like a graduation and the owner was just gushing after I told him I just finished the program.
                      You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
                      zzz

Little quiet in here so I'm going to toss out a question to see who is here.... Finishing should be celebrated! If you completed C25K already (or OHR, did you reward yourself for completing it? If you haven't completed it, are you planning to reward yourself at the end? Yes
                        hey meg... you just finished the C25K program!!!! What are you going to do next??? ok well really what did you decide to reward yourself with??
                        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I haven't yet, but I think I'm going to go get a proper wicking running shirt and possibly a new pair of shorts. I haven't started a new running program yet, but just keeping on with the 3x week runs. I'm thinking I might try OHR, but I'm going to take 2 weeks (this week and next) before I start. Next Wednesday, I've signed up for the 20 minute challenge through our local running store. Yay for the free hat! Clowning around

Half Fanatic #9292.