Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

obiebyke... (Read 222 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Time to start running again. Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

Don't I know it... Check out my post in the weekly check-in. Sick sick sick.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Don't I know it... Check out my post in the weekly check-in. Sick sick sick.
        Oh! So I see! Scratch that! Time to start running again when you're feeling better. Expect to be a little weaker and to not have as much lung umpff the first day or so back. Just take it easy and go by effort - don't push to keep any particular pace at all. Treat your body gently and you'll be back to normal in no time! *wipes computer monitor and keyboard with antibacterial wipes just in case*

Roads were made for journeys...

obiebyke

*wipes computer monitor and keyboard with antibacterial wipes just in case*
          Good idea, Wingz. I'm back at work today. Hopefully I'll be able to get out there again sometime this week. I also need to go to the running store to get my inserts adjusted so they don't rip my feet apart! Excited to run!

obiebyke

I heart my local running store. The inserts they sold me 60 miles ago have been tearing my arches apart. I tried taping, liquid bandage, blah blah blah. No go. I finally went back today and they fitted me in different inserts and trimmed them to match my shoes. Not only that, but since the new inserts are cheaper than the old ones--EVEN THOUGH I wore them for 60 miles--they gave me the price difference IN CASH, WITHOUT A RECEIPT. I love them. My sickness is also better, so the plan is to try to muster up a nice, easy, short run today, just to get back in the saddle. Keep an eye out for a new bar on that desolate training log of mine. Smile