Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Jan. 11 - Jan. 18 (Read 184 times)

I finally finished week one. was a little easier then the first two runs. Been having trouble with my forerunner 50. when i calibrate it on the track, the distance is off by almost 4 tenths on the road but when i calibrate it on the road it's off on the track. i think i run differently on each. i think i'm going to recalibrate it on the track which is where i'm going to be doing most of my running right now. hopefully i won't have to recalibrate it every time i switch from road to track.Tongue
    Goals: Run.

Tortoise

I'm still kind of doing Week 9 of C25K, for reasons that involve having not been running. I went out today on my first training run since the middle of December, and I know that I'm probably going to be on the bench for the rest of this week (for unrelated reasons -- very minor surgery tomorrow, probably shouldn't be running afterwards with stitches in my hip!). I haven't dropped back, but in terms of 'counting' my runs, I'm starting the week over from W9D1 once I get this week and the hip thing done with. But I ran for 30 minutes today -- kind of wish I'd thought my route through a little better so that I didn't come to a hill right in the last three minutes, but it felt great.
      "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Sefket, I can relate. I've been housebound too often for the last 6 weeks by -35*C windchills and my running has suffered too. Just get out when you can. That's all you can do. Olivia, the track could be off because you aren't running the distance exactly. For example, if you run on the absolute inside with the tightest corners, the distance will be different than if you have a run where you are in the second lane from the inside for part of the run, but to the outside on corners or going around walkers. How much is it off? I would worry about recalibrating constantly unless it's a really big difference. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

run-mom

Only got 1 run in last week, so I am going to repeat week 3. I think I could handle week 4, but best not to push it. I'm one of those *if it doesn't get done early, it doesn't get done* people. And I am just not handling the morning thing well right now! Roll eyes
            i haven't even started week 2 yet. it's hard to fit runs in around gymnastics practices and meet. we're right in the middle of the season so we have a lot of meets. i might have to re-try this after season is overTongue
            Goals: Run.
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

It's not a race to finish. I think you both have a pretty good attitude about it. Run when you can. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.