Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Okay, what are your thoughts on this plan? (Read 436 times)

Baby bean!

I loved having the structure of C25K.  It was really helpful getting into a routine.  I have been toying with what to do next and I KNOW myself...I need a plan.  I thought about the one hour runner.  I thought about a plan for a 10K (although no plans to race, just to get up to the distance).  I thought about a plan for a half.  Then I thought, why not do the One Hour Runner to build the endurance to running for that long and THEN do a plan for a 10K.   since the 60 minute run would get me NEAR a 10K distance, I think it would be a good foundation.  And by then, I have another foundation for a half marathon plan. 

Thoughts are welcome!

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Wingz

Professional Noob

If you like the structure of the plans and aren't in any particular hurry to race that 10K, then that should work just fine, I'm thinking.  I'd only suggest that maybe you reward yourself with a 5K race or two in between now and whenever that 10K will be.  1) They're fun and will give you something to look forward to, and 2) it'll give you that much more racing experience.

Roads were made for journeys...

The plan sounds good to me, and I will be making some sort of plan soon.  However, I also agree to do 5K's, or even just try the 10K soon.  The races spur me on, and give me goals plus feedback.  I'll be doing a 4.4 mile next weekend, just after I have finished the C25K, and then hope to find a convenient 10K in Sept or Oct.  If you need a plan, and most people do better on a plan, your ideas are good.  Don't forget to have fun too!