Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 7/17-7/23 (Read 321 times)

W9D1 - Great weather, didn't see anyone out this morning on my run.  After the 30 minutes was over I felt like I could have gone a couple more minutes.  2 runs to go!

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Ran on the trail this hot and humid morning.  It got the better of me today and I walked a half mile in the middle of my run.  C'est la vie.  Copper, the wretched dog, stayed home sleeping with the kids in the basement.  Maybe I should have taken a cue from him.  I hope everyone has a better run than I did today!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Dig: good job. If ya have the time, why not walk a bit to increase time on feet? I did that near the end of the program so I could achieve the 5k distance. Am still to slow to cover 5k in 30 min.

Chup: heat and humidity slows one down considerably. Walking is good judgement under those conditions.

keep on keeping on!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Giant Flaming Dork

W2D3 done on Sunday.  W3D1 due for tomorrow.  Amazing how much running fitness I've lost over the months.  (Well, it could be the 15 extra pounds, too...)

http://xkcd.com/621/

W9D2.  Wow, it was really humid today.  I had to walk up a short, steep hill around the 27 minute mark, but I ran out the rest. 1 more to go!

bob: I do actually walk a few minutes after what my logs show.  Today I went about another 5 minutes.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Ran 2 easy miles on the trail with the dog this hot muggy morning.  This is one of those days were mother nature is making a serious attempt to kill you!.  Smile

DigitalFirefly - Way to go on W9D2! 

girmann - Nice job knocking out W2!

Giant Flaming Dork

W3D1 down.  Seemed easier than W2.

Thanks Chup!

Digital Firefly:  The goal is in sight, run for it!

http://xkcd.com/621/

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

G: congrats on completing W2! keep on keepin on!

Dig: almost there, (initial) end goal in sight!

Chup: I feel your humidity. Took my chi's out this 5:15am morning it was 80f, humid, no wind, 1.15mi their longest walk yet... Not sure I would have run outdoors the way it felt. Didn't have choice anyway had to be at DD2's to twin sit while she headed for work. DW came over later and I went to the gym for a few on the dreadmill. It was 90 and climbing by that time. I've raced in temps like that but do not want to train in it! LOL. My cardiologist would kill me if he even knew I ran in those temps!

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ran on the trail with the dog this morning.  Managed to not walk and even finished faster than I had planned!  I don't know how much of a factor it might have been, but I wore my technical shirt today.  I will say both the dog and I were happy to see the end of the run!

Yuck, it's supposed to be 99 tomorrow for my last c25k run.  I guess I'm going to run in the morning again.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Short run on the trail with the dog this morning.  Crossed paths twice with a runner whose dog was off leash and charged us.  And she blamed me because it wouldn't have happened if my dog had been off leash.  Some people. 

DigitalFirefly - Good luck on your matriculation run!

girmann - How you doing in the heat?

W9D3! COMPLETE!

It was so hot out.  My pace was actually pretty good through the first 20-25 minutes.  The last 5 were really tough.  The route I take ends pretty hilly so I was struggling.  I haven't run for 3.1 straight miles yet, but I can run for 30 minutes.  It's weird to think back to week 1 when I could barely run for a minute straight.

Thanks again everyone for all the support!

Started c25k on 5/30/11

theyapper

On the road again...

W9D3! COMPLETE!

HAPPY DANCE!!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

W9D3! COMPLETE!

It was so hot out.  My pace was actually pretty good through the first 20-25 minutes.  The last 5 were really tough.  The route I take ends pretty hilly so I was struggling.  I haven't run for 3.1 straight miles yet, but I can run for 30 minutes.  It's weird to think back to week 1 when I could barely run for a minute straight.

Thanks again everyone for all the support!

Awesome!!! congratulations. don't sweat not covering 5k yet. It will come. It took me quite awhile to be able to run a full 5k without stopping. I really don't ever expect to finish a 5k in 30min! LOL too dang old and taking to many medications!

bob e v