Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Finished my first One-Hour Run (Read 499 times)

Beginner all over again

I completed my First One-Hour Run this morning.

Smile

And I finished my C25K last week.

I used to do Galloway type RUn-Walk-Run.

And now  I do LHR training, but I was doing Run-Walk-Run and finally switched over to Sustained Running last month.

So now I'll work on increasing my LongRun of the week, and remain patient while pace s-l-o-w-l-y improves over the weeks and months.!

Congratulations! One hour is terrific! 

The low heart rate technique makes a lot of sense.  Good to hear that you're having such great results.  What made you use this training method, and would you recommend it?

TIA, and keep going!

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

WTG Francis!!!! Saw your time on feet numbers on the early morning group. Your putting in good numbers! Keep it going!

bob e v
        2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Congrats!  That's a huge hurdle, and it gets easier from here!  I saw you numbers in PreDawn Patrol as well, nice posted numbers!

Michele in NC

That's awesome!

Beginner all over again

The low heart rate technique makes a lot of sense.  

.  What made you use this training method, and would you recommend it?

Thanks Everyone!

Hmm, well, LHR is quit-proof.

Meaning it's quite likely you won't get injured, sticking to LHR.   Good way to increase your mileage and time on feet.

It can be hard to get an over-use injury.

And I'm maybe I'm lazy -- Sure, I want to Race Faster, but I want to be able to Race Faster with Less Exertion!