Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/15 to 5/21 (Read 402 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

You guys are doing awesome!  ChupChup - congrats on knocking out Week 5, which for many is the hardest week of the C25K program.  It's all downhill from here, because your mind has already turned a corner.  Awesome!

Don't forget that you can update your progress with the chart.  The link is in the very first topic on the boards.

Have a great week everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Thanks for the shout out.  Worked on my core and upper body today.  I hope everyone has fun running this week.  It's hard to believe that it will be summer in a month!

hmmm, I get a broken picture frame thingy instead of the chart.

I decided to move toward a longer run on the weekends, so I did a 4 mile run/walk yesterday.

I had then planned on a treadmill wk8d2 today, but I decided to give myself a day of rest, since ... well, my butt is killing me! Smile 

In a good way, I think. The run was hilly yesterday, and I definitely worked my gluts!

I took the kiddos for a long walk today.  Pushed the stroller up Sister Bay hill, and kept thinking, "this is my butt getting stronger.  This is good for me. ouch." Big grin

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

theyapper

On the road again...

hmmm, I get a broken picture frame thingy instead of the chart.

Did you go to this link?  (form for updates)

If you did and it's broken, I'll need to figure that out, because I'm seeing the form even when I'm logged out of Google docs.

Paul

No, I did the update a while ago, and that seemed to work fine.

On our homepage, I don't see the chart anymore (the one showing where we are in the program)

Keep building the base.

This is good for me. ouch." Big grin

Jenn, I LOVE your attitude!

Michele in NC

theyapper

On the road again...

No, I did the update a while ago, and that seemed to work fine.

On our homepage, I don't see the chart anymore (the one showing where we are in the program)

Gotcha.  I saw that, too, when you mentioned it.  I logged into Google Docs and logged back out and could see it.  Weird.  Do you see it now?

Paul

Yep, the graph is all good again.

I woke up early to run and talked myself out of it Blush

Gonna walk to work instead, which I really enjoy. 

Oh well, one more day of glut recovery.

Keep building the base.

Ran W6D1 on the trail with the dog.  Wow was it cold this morning.  Wish I could run in the afternoon instead.  I hope everyone has fun running this week and this it warms up soon!

Great job, Chup.  You're really making progress, only a couple of more weeks now!

I don't share your wish that it would get warmer, ugh, humidity here in NC is killing me!  It was a bit cooler this morning as a light rain fell while I was running, but it will be back in the 90's by the weekend.

Jenn, walking to work, I envy you now.  I live 12 miles away, biking distance except this is not a bike friendly town.  No shoulders on the roads here, I'll continue to partake in the car madness!

Michele in NC

Ran 30 min straight this morning, OUTSIDE! 

I am SO excited!  I paced myself nice and slow and steady.  It was about 47 deg F and drizzling.  I felt so good finishing up, my neighbor told me "lookin good!"  He's a retired coach, almost 80, so he meant this in an encouraging way, not a creepy checkin-you-out way.  Although, I probably would have been happy either way really.

So, no walking to work this morning anyway, since I had a home health visit to do (I need my car at work for those). It's about a mile and a half, uphill, and is a great walk usually.  I really notice how much easier that walk is now that I've been running.  

Also, since I'm being all yay-me right now: I've lost 24 lb so far, since February.  I have about 45 lb more to go. I'm using Weight Watchers online, and I'm liking it pretty well.

Keep building the base.

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey, with a 30 minute run that felt good and 24 pound weight loss, I'll be all YAY-YOU right now!  That's awesome!!

Paul

Jennxpt - Nice job on the outside running and weight loss!

No running recently for me due to a crazy family schedule.  The family will traveling to Chicago this weekend, so maybe I can get an early morning run on the treadmill at the hotel.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Great job Jenn on the run and weight loss. I need to be back on the weight loss wagon myself. have gained 10 since moving to Austin... Keep it up your doing an awesome job.

Chub - good job on the W6 run. Your getting there. Good luck with the hotel dreadmill and enjoy Chicago. My sister lives outside Chi town and finally sold her condo after about 24 months on the market!

Have great weekends folks!

bob e v
                              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Loves the outdoors

Go Jenn! That first 30 minute non-stop run feels great and I'm sure is the start of many more. Congratulations on the 24lb loss! 

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.