Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Finafreakin'ly!!! (Read 452 times)

Baby bean!

Well, I started this journey (again) on March 8th.  I started it with my DH and I initially turned a 9 week program into an 11 week one.  For those that started after, I stretched weeks 5 and 6 in my own way.  I expected us to finish by Memorial Day.  But life had other plans.  My father-in-law was in and out of the hospital a few times and that put my DH's efforts on hold.  Then he got sick.  So I put C25K on hold, BUT NOT RUNNING! :-D  I have to say that I continued.  I would do short runs, intervals, or repeat C25K days.  But I ran!!!  The DH hopped back on board and C25K resumed.  Then he stopped, so it stopped.  Finally, I just finished it without him.   

For those that are just starting out this journey or have just a bit more to go, enjoy it, HOWEVER LONG IT TAKES YOU!!!  Because it's a HUGE accomplishment to be able to run 30 minutes straight. 

I haven't decided what my next step is.  Hopefully I won't let it run by the wayside.  Having a program to follow really helps.  I think maybe I'll try the OHR program.  But I look forward to seeing everyone at the finish line!!!  Crystal, FrancesRe and Woods Lady, you're almost there! 

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Yaaaayyyy!

Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

My Little Pony hair.

Congrats!

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
        • run 1000k
        • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Thanks, Sushigirl.  You are an inspiration to us.  Thank you too for reiterating your story.   I love your determination.  Happy runs!  What's up next?   Woods Lady

If I might channel JFK for a moment, We choose to go run a 5K. We choose to run a 5K and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Congrats!  Smile

Love the quote, Chup Chup!   I want to read "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris soon. has anyone here read it yet?   Woods Lady
                Love the quote, Chup Chup!   I want to read "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris soon. has anyone here read it yet?   Woods Lady

I had never heard of  "Do Hard Things" before your post.  I did a little browsing and am considering reading this with my 12 year old son.  I'm sure I would benefit from other perspectives and interests.  Perhaps we could start a thread to discuss this book?

<hijack mode off>

sushigirl - Any more thoughts on what you'll continue on with?  I'm still slogging away 3 miles 3 times a week and basically am just now trying to extend a long run once a week.  I figure I won't be up to 6 miles until Spring and will work on building a nice base until then.  So far I'm injury free and that's saying something when compared to my previous return-to-running attempts. Smile

Baby bean!

Hey ChupChup...I'm with you.  I think I'll just continue the 30 minutes and start adding a few minutes each week.  Maybe I'll do OHR.  Ideally, I'd like to get to 3-4 runs a week, 2 easy, 1 medium and 1 long.  But for now, just 3 miles. 

I also want to look into that book.  Think there's anything I can take into a classroom? 

Goals:
                  Finish C25K

You Are Beautiful.

Wowzers! Congrats, Sash! Smile

That is so freaking cool!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                    Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

Thanks Cassie!

How is the Higdon plan going?  Which one are you doing?  I'm still at a cross roads as to my next move.

Goals:
                      Finish C25K